Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2005 5:19:39 PM EDT
I bought a XXX STG58 rifle a couple weeks ago.
I bought it through the local Ace Hardware store (support the local FFL/dealer).

He told me that XXX said the rifle would be at his shop in two weeks.
XXX told me that it might take up to 4 weeks, even longer.

I was standing right there when he gave XXX his FFL number (on file) and his account number (for payment).
I in turn paid for the rifle through the shop and that was it.

Being the "Trust but verify" type of guy I am I called XXX two days later to ask if the transaction went through.

I was told that it had, but there "seemed to be a problem".  

I was told that the problem would be taken care of and that I would get a call back.

Two days later I called the FFL to ask if he had heard anything from XXX, he told me that he had not.

I called XXX right after I hung up.

I was told that the transaction was "pending" and that payment had not been received so they had not started to build the rifle.

I was told that the problem would be taken care of, they would call the FFL to get the problem fixed.

I called the FFL back and asked WTF was going on.

As I was talking to him XXX called him, so he had XXX and me on the phone at the same time.

There was a problem with his FFL, his busisness had undergone a change in ownership (INC to LLC) and the ATF told him he needed to update his FFL liscense to reflect that change.

His on file FFL was no longer valid.

Then he told me that the pending payment issue was for ANOTHER customer who had made a down payment on another (more expensive) FAL type.

The FFL promised me that he would get it taken care of.

Tick tock, two weeks gone and no FAL.

Yesterday I called XXX to see WTF was up with my rifle.

I was told that there was a pending payment issue and that the FFL did not have a current copy of his FFL on file with them.

I called the FFL back to ask WTF, he told me that he had ssent the current copy of his FFL and that his account had "his cost" of the gun on record, although he did not have a serial number for the FAL yet.

I called back to XXX to see WTF was going on (again).

After a "few" frustrating minutes someone in charge answered the phone.

I explained my tale of woe to him.

He put me on hold and went out to find out about my rifle.

A couple minutes later and he told me that my rifle had been assembled and it was awaiting test firing and then packaging.

He told me that it would be shipped out on or before Friday two day UPS.

So now I (once again) play the waiting game.

It better be worth it!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That  sucks..........
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Should have used SNSIndustries
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#3]
IBTJL!!

Quoted:
Should have used SNSIndustries

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top