Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 4:53:48 PM EDT
"Thanks to the use of the "Report Spam" button, AOL has an unbroken record of success in dozens of lawsuits against some of the nation's most prolific spammers. Working together with our members, we've forced junk e-mailers to turn over their assets, including cash, gold bars and a 2003 Hummer H2 sport utility vehicle."

aolhummer.onlinepromo.com/

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a God.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted: There is a God.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There is a God.

But he sure ain't affiliated with AOL.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool.

However, to enter the contest, they want name, address, email and phone number.  It's easier to avoid spam and junk mail if you don't participate in contests like this one.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]

"Thanks to the use of the "Report Spam" button, AOL has an unbroken record of success in dozens of lawsuits against some of the nation's most prolific spammers.

Oh, Christ.  That fucking "Report Spam" button.  I admin some mailing lists and have nothing but problems with stupid fucking AOLers and their stupid fucking "Report Spam" button.

We're talking invitation-only mailing lists that you have to beg to get on, get sponsored by a senior member and then get voted on by all members.  It's definitely not spam.  But AOL 9.0 Sphincterized (or whatever the fuck they call it) has the "Delete" and "Report Spam" buttons right next to each other and even the smartest AOLer (if you can say that without laughing) can't seem to figure out which one to click on.  Plus, AOL has decided on some extremely low thresholds, so as few as two complaints resulted in getting me labled as a spammer.  Because of this, AOL has already blacklisted the listserver's IP address twice, and each time it took me hours of whining and begging on the phone to get it un-blacklisted.  And after spending all this time explaining this to AOL T.S., they refuse to tell me who the AOLer who's complaining is so I can fix the problem and unsubscribe them.

And you wouldn't believe the hatemail I get from the AOLers - like I'm to blame for their gross stupidity. After going through this for the second time, I informed the list that the next blacklist would be uncontested and all AOLers would therefore be effectively unsubscribed, so tough shit.

From the early 90's right up until today - AOLers are still the biggest fucktards on the net.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#7]

From the early 90's right up until today - AOLers are still the biggest fucktards on the net.

What do you expect from those who insist on their internet training wheels be welded on their bikes permanently.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow... you'd think they'd keep the stupid seized booty after their $100 BILLION losses last year (or was it two years ago?).
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Sure, I believe the story.......

The prizes were "seized" from a "spammer" in NH........ AOL "Report Spam" really *does* work.....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sure, I believe the story.......

The prizes were "seized" from a "spammer" in NH........ AOL "Report Spam" really *does* work.....

Ye of little faith.  Maybe AOL just stole a Hummer from one of their own employees?  That would qualify as seizure from a "spammer."  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top