Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2005 2:40:53 PM EDT
I would like to get an EOtech but wonder what's the trade off between those with 350hrs of battery life and those with 1,100 hrs. Which kind do you have? got pics?

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I would like to get an EOtech but wonder what's the trade off between those with 350hrs of battery life and those with 1,100 hrs. Which kind do you have? got pics?

The trade off is about 750 hours of battery life
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Go for the AA model.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Go for the AA model.

+1. That's what I use.
Go here.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#4]
You get longer life, but its a bigger package too, plus its heavier, 750 hours is plenty for me, i mean think about it 750 hours is a long ass time to drain a battery, yes doubles A's are more common and less expensive but then again 750 damn hours is a long ass time. heres one on my storm.  McM
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I just gotta say, I love my EOTech.  I have the AA battery model, and as of yet I've never changed it.  It's a little longer (physically), but I think it looks better than the stubby little model.  Absolutely the easiest and funnest little sight I've ever used, and AA batteries are everywhere.  You're really gonna like either one, they're fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#6]
probably cost too. the aa's are cheaper than the n batts but last twice as long. the n sight is shorter though, ain't it? i have the 552 w/aa batts. it's a neato toy!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Until about a year ago, I had a bushnell holosight (eotech w/o metal guard) that took the N-sized batteries.

This morning I ordered a 512 Rev. F from avengusa. i can;'t wait to get it.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Until about a year ago, I had a bushnell holosight (eotech w/o metal guard) that took the N-sized batteries.

This morning I ordered a 512 Rev. F from avengusa. i can;'t wait to get it.

I have a KAC RAS with rail covers a vert grip coming.
My Dominator mount on my Entry Tactical is crying out to me AND YOU GUYS AREN'T HELPING ME HERE!!!

must

get

Eotech

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I was in the market for an EOTECH awhile ago.  The AA are nice b/c theyre easy to find, but the unit runs more$$$.  How often are you gonna be in the field and need a scope that can be on for 500 hours cont. anyway.  If you can afford an EOTECH you can afford acouple batterys every non and then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top