Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2005 2:08:04 PM EDT
Andreas Stihl - Father of the Modern Chainsaw

In 1926, German mechanical engineer, Andreas Stihl patented the "Cutoff Chain Saw for Electric Power". Born in 1896, Andreas Stihl founded a company that manufactured steam boiler prefiring systems in Stuttgart, Germany. In 1929, Stihl patented the first gasoline-powered chainsaw called the tree-felling machine. These were the first successful patents for hand-held mobile chainsaws designed for woodcutting. Andreas Stihl is most frequently credited as being the inventor of the mobile and motorized chainsaw. He invented what we today recognize as being the modern chainsaw.
Pics of my day yesterday, spent 8 hours slicing up new firewood.  Straight line winds, 80-100 MPH across the North side of Mille Lacs, in Central MN.  

Here's the 3000# pontoon/lift.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
thats awsome!

however i always thought the roots went deeper than that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
thats awsome!

however i always thought the roots went deeper than that.

Depends on the tree
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Proud MS 361 owner!  not to mention all kinds of Stihl yard tools (brushcutter, line trimmer, back pack blower, hand blower, edger).  Stihl rocks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top