Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/10/2005 12:52:24 PM EDT
Fucking savages! Fuckers are playing around with his M4, show his military ID up close,  terrible! Why doesnt this enrage soo many people? How is Harry Potter and Disney more important than this?!? When are we gonna stop pussy-footing around with these pieces of shit? We need to stomp these people off the face of the earth, god damn! How can people forget 9/11 so quickly? Does anyone else just want to take up arms and take care of things themselves?

Damn im pissed
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does anyone else just want to take up arms and take care of things themselves?

So, what's stopping you from joining the military?

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Perhaps the entire 2 hour Al Qaeda video should be played in America or would that be counter productive??

Shok
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#3]
joining the military doesnt automatically let you go over there and do what you want.

i was in for 4 years and didnt go overseas.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Where's the video for this ?  I have to see this shit
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought that looked like a SOPMOD M4.

The bastards are playing around with the visible laser.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Link?

+1 on what he said........Oh and PLEASE
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#8]
link to video please i wana see it so i can get pissed
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Tape is labeled "The War of the Oppressed People" but all I've seen is some short clips on the news.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
joining the military doesnt automatically let you go over there and do what you want.

Indeed.

I'm two years in... airborne infantry... haven't deployed yet.  

I joined specifically to go to Afghanistan... so I'm little bitter.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#11]
There are days when I want to just exterminate islam from the world. We'd be better off without it. Look at everything "the religion of peace" has done to the shitholes it's prevelent in and look what it's done to the rest of the world.

Most of the time I stop and think "that isn't fair to the muslims who aren't shithead terrorists, militant dictators, brutal oppressors, and violent bastards".

But frankly, I'm in a darker mood right now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#12]
They managed to get their ID card, but didn't mutilate the bodies or put THEM on display?

I still think the solution to this is a couple rounds of canned sunshine.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw it on cnn on tv. Sorry if its a dupe. They showed 2 different things: The Navy seal killed(his picture id! ) and his weapons . Then they said they have some new 2 hour training/ the whole reason why were doing this video. If someone has either please put up a link. Ill check bittorrent for them.

And whats stopping me from joining? Time. I figure with the leadership skills i have naturally, i'll make a bigger and better difference if i join the Marine Corps as an officer rather than enlisting. Its just a matter of time to finish school. Semper Fi Society now, but seeing this shit makes me not want to wait any longer to join the Marines, and THATS killing me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Indeed.

so STUPID.   We should move folks like you to the front of the line - to the FRONT!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed.

What unit are you in?  Why haven't you been deployed? (I thought all went at least 1 year every 2...)
I am about to quit ROTC for (2 years left) to go airborne infantry BECAUSE I want to go over there...maybe I should try for a Stryker brigade?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I am about to quit ROTC for (2 years left) to go airborne infantry BECAUSE I want to go over there...maybe I should try for a Stryker brigade?

Do yourself and your country a favor and finish your degree, get your commission, and then make a difference by displaying leadership and serving as an example to others.

Two years from now, there will still be plenty of Islamist Extremists left to fight.

~Dan
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do yourself and your country a favor and finish your degree, get your commission, and then make a difference by displaying leadership and serving as an example to others.

Two years from now, there will still be plenty of Islamist Extremists left to fight.

~Dan

thats good advice
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed.

so STUPID.   We should move folks like you to the front of the line - to the FRONT!

That would make sense.  But what did the Army do?

...making me a recruiter.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed.

What unit are you in?  Why haven't you been deployed? (I thought all went at least 1 year every 2...)

82nd Airborne.... 3/505 PIR

Parts of the 82nd have deployed while I have been here... just not the part that I'm in.  Not really sure why in the past, but now its because they are making my battalion a recon/surveillence/target acquisition squadron so we arent going anywhere until we are trained up for that... but I'll be a recruiter when that happens
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yeah, no kidding! I joined WANTING to go over, and a year later I'm still waiting. Our Drill Sgts. said "Expect to be in Iraq within four months out of AIT...."
I wish. Oh well, we're supposedly going next June, I'll just have to be patient......
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
There are days when I want to just exterminate islam from the world. We'd be better off without it. Look at everything "the religion of peace" has done to the shitholes it's prevelent in and look what it's done to the rest of the world.

Most of the time I stop and think "that isn't fair to the muslims who aren't shithead terrorists, militant dictators, brutal oppressors, and violent bastards".

But frankly, I'm in a darker mood right now.

Lucky bastard... you only have these feelings once in a while?

- BG
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I saw it on cnn on tv. Sorry if its a dupe. They showed 2 different things: The Navy seal killed(his picture id! ) and his weapons . Then they said they have some new 2 hour training/ the whole reason why were doing this video. If someone has either please put up a link. Ill check bittorrent for them.

And whats stopping me from joining? Time. I figure with the leadership skills i have naturally, i'll make a bigger and better difference if i join the Marine Corps as an officer rather than enlisting. Its just a matter of time to finish school. Semper Fi Society now, but seeing this shit makes me not want to wait any longer to join the Marines, and THATS killing me.

Have you been to OCS?  What exactly makes you think you have the "leadership skills" to lead Marines?  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't understand, is this to say that we don't go through their stuff when we waste them?   I guarantee you we do.

Its called war.

Of course, their stuff is pretty much shit - and therefore not as interesting.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you been to OCS?  What exactly makes you think you have the "leadership skills" to lead Marines?  

Years of online games!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I saw that clip and it made my blood boil, especially when they showed the SEAL's ID card.

I feel like a total schmuck with my comfy civvie job and big house etc etc.  I had been seriously considering getting back into LE but more and more I find myself at Goarmy.com

I quit smoking.  I'm back to running 5 miles a day and my weekend hikes with a ruck are getting longer and longer.

I don't care about the cut in pay and I could care less about what my wife thinks.  When I make the decision to go and she doesn't support me...tough shit.

The smart thing for me to do would be to go in as an MP, what with my civillian LE background.  But I am stuck on the 18X option, or finding an ARNG SF unit...which I'd have to move out of state for...also not a big f'in deal.

It's almost like an obession.  The day after I found out about the 18X option was the day I quit smoking and started running again.  I looked at the AFPT requirements and set goals for myself.  I  joined an orienteering club to work on land nav.  I'm waiting on my "Get Selected for SFAS" book to arrive from WarriorMentor.  I have zero prior mil experience and I am 31.  One way or another, either AD or ARNG, I am going to do it.

The only hang-up I have is fucked-up credit from my divorce and if that keeps me out of SF, so be it.  It's something that I have always wanted to challenge myself with.

Edit: For the "shut-up and call the recruiter crowd already"  - I was informed about the 18X program by a guy I work with who is prior service.  He put me in touch with a recruiter who gave me the advice about getting into shape for selection and working on my land nav before commiting.  He's also the one who suggested the WarriorMentor book.  I'm following the words of the BTDTs in order to square myself away for 18X and SFAS.

10-32
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I'm in the 3rd Brigade Strykers, be careful what you wish for! I'm 11B and someone decided I'd be better off being a Stryker driver. Now I'm more of a damn mechanic than an Infantryman.he
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Years of online games!

Opfor are haxors!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I saw that clip and it made my blood boil, especially when they showed the SEAL's ID card.

I feel like a total schmuck with my comfy civvie job and big house etc etc.  I had been seriously considering getting back into LE but more and more I find myself at Goarmy.com

I quit smoking.  I'm back to running 5 miles a day and my weekend hikes with a ruck are getting longer and longer.

I don't care about the cut in pay and I could care less about what my wife thinks.  When I make the decision to go and she doesn't support me...tough shit.

The smart thing for me to do would be to go in as an MP, what with my civillian LE background.  But I am stuck on the 18X option, or finding an ARNG SF unit...which I'd have to move out of state for...also not a big f'in deal.

It's almost like an obession.  The day after I found out about the 18X option was the day I quit smoking and started running again.  I looked at the AFPT requirements and set goals for myself.  I  joined an orienteering club to work on land nav.  I'm waiting on my "Get Selected for SFAS" book to arrive from WarriorMentor.  I have zero prior mil experience and I am 31.  One way or another, either AD or ARNG, I am going to do it.

The only hang-up I have is fucked-up credit from my divorce and if that keeps me out of SF, so be it.  It's something that I have always wanted to challenge myself with.

10-32

I stopped drinking soda and don't shop at Costco!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I stopped drinking soda and don't shop at Costco!

You do what works for you, I do what works for me.

Thanks for the "Shit or get off the pot".

10-32
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Fucking savages! Fuckers are playing around with his M4, show his military ID up close,  terrible! Why doesnt this enrage soo many people? How is Harry Potter and Disney more important than this?!? When are we gonna stop pussy-footing around with these pieces of shit? We need to stomp these people off the face of the earth, god damn! How can people forget 9/11 so quickly? Does anyone else just want to take up arms and take care of things themselves?

Damn im pissed

Enlist or ask your congresscritter to have them issue you a letter of marque and reprisal.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Perhaps the entire 2 hour Al Qaeda video should be played in America or would that be counter productive??

Shok

I think it should be shown. Wake some people up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does anyone else just want to take up arms and take care of things themselves?

So, what's stopping you from joining the military?

danco

I have a medical problem that would stop me from joining
BUT
I spent 20 years working on UK Military Jets. We are engineers and never see the front lines but without us the birds don't fly.
When the birds take off we feel part of the battle and we are proud of our efforts

And when we see the weapon platforms dropping ordanance in theatre we have very big smiles on our faces.

Not all of us can serve on the front lines but please dont put down those of us who can only help indirectly.

And I thank every one of you who out there at the sharp end

Taffy
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

How hard could it be?  You did it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Well my OCS class had a 85 percent attrition rate, what about your's?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Dont worry young Paratrooper you will get your chance.

FREE

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#38]
What was this SEAL doing with his I.D. card in Combat?

I always thought Spec ops types leave all nationality or unit identifying items behind just so the enemy couldn't do this if they captured their stuff!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Only if I can ditch these recruiting orders or reenlist ... neither of which is very likely.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Would a Navy SEAL carry his ID card into battle ??
I thought that would be a no no.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Only if I can ditch these recruiting orders or reenlist ... neither of which is very likely.

I thought that recruiting was voluntary?  You just have to ask to leave?

But I am probably thinking Nat. Guard.  It is a different world.

If you can be a good recruiter . . . you can make a world of difference as to who makes it out to the sharp end and that is a tougher thing to do than actually going to the sharp end.  Just ask the recruiters what they would rather do; recruit or go back to combat.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Well my OCS class had a 85 percent attrition rate, what about your's?

So far . . . only 65%.  What is left will probably have two more that leave in the next year.  There are only 14 of us right now (KY Army National Guard, Traditional).

And I have plenty of respect for the MOCS.  Almost made it there, but the OSO did not like how slow I run.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There may be certain leadership traits that come naturally -- but that is a long way from being a good leader in the military.  Can you keep your head and give commands when mortars are coming in, or will you cower in a foxhole with soiled drawers?  Do you understand the chain of command?  Do you know when to defer to a sergeant who has BTDT and take his advice, and not see it as a threat to your authority?  Can you read a map?  etc.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#44]
forgive my ignorance, is this one of the SEALs that was killed in Astan a few months ago and only one man made it out alive? or is this is seprate SEAL death?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought that recruiting was voluntary?  You just have to ask to leave?

But I am probably thinking Nat. Guard.  It is a different world.

If you can be a good recruiter . . . you can make a world of difference as to who makes it out to the sharp end and that is a tougher thing to do than actually going to the sharp end.  Just ask the recruiters what they would rather do; recruit or go back to combat.

You can volunteer for recruiting, or you can be DA selected.  I was DA selected... I really don't have a choice.  I have a couple possible ways out, but I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
They managed to get their ID card, but didn't mutilate the bodies or put THEM on display?

I still think the solution to this is a couple rounds of canned sunshine.

I agree completely and wholeheartedly.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#48]
i see that it was dietz card and weapon.    http://www.thejacksonchannel.com/news/4838821/detail.html
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Harry Truman knew what to do.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Years of online games!

Semper Fi Society, ive been training with them. PLC next year.

Anyone been to OCS lately?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top