Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/10/2005 10:46:51 AM EDT
Rasist: A label thrown about wildly by Liberals and minorities towards Caucasians with no proof or any other reason other than to intimidate them when ever they dare to mention facts that are less than praise towards any minority group.

Caucasian: "Most street gang members in America are made up of minorities". (fact)
Liberal type: "RACIST!"

Caucasian: "More minorities are on welfare than Caucasians." (fact)

Caucasian: "Most illegal aliens are unskilled and uneducated." (fact)

Caucasian: "We need to secure our border with Mexico." (fact)

Racism: Used by Liberals and minorities as an explanation and justification for any wrong doing by minorities, also used to make them feel better about themselves. In other words, "it's whiteys fault".

Caucasian: :"Per population, there are many more minorities in prison than Caucasians."
Liberal type: "That's because they are victims of White racism."

Caucasian: "More minorities are on welfare than Caucasians."

Caucasian: "Illegal Aliens are costing America billions of dollars in crime and medical care."

Often the two are used together, Like "It's not their fault, they're victims of racism, besides, you're a racist for bringing it up."

If the true definition of racist was used, it would apply to all races equally since the true definition of a racist is any person of any race that hates any or all people from any other race simply because they are of a different race. In todays America, hatred of Caucasians by any non-Caucasian is not only cheered on and celebrated, it's almost mandatory.

Personally the racist label doesn't bother me a bit, it's so over used it's lost the "shock" value it once had. I've been called one many times, not withstanding the fact that I curently have and have had many Hispanic American girlfriends. But hey, since when did specifics and facts ever matter?

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I hate to bump this, but...

A racist is someone who uses race to determine an individuals likely behavoir.
It would appear that you meet that definition.

wtf are you talking about?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#3]
When I told a Libtard that I just plain flatout dont like french people, she told me I was racist, I asked her why and she said in a freshly out of college tone"there is no defintion of race". I pointed out to her that she just defeated her own argument and she quickly changed the subject.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah, WTF are you talking about? Likely behavior? Re-read the post.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
For the short bus.

If you make determinations about an individual based upon that persons race, you are, by definition a racist.

I judge based upon clothing, actions, family, background stuff like that.
You tell me some guy is black the only thing I assume is that he has curly hair.  Even there I could be wrong as some Mongoloids have skin as dark as a negroid and yet their hair is perfectly straight.
Oh, for the record, there are only three races, mongoloid, caucausoid and negroid.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

rac·ism   Audio pronunciation of "racism" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (rszm)
n.

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
  2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

I fucking HATE it when people make up their own definition to a word.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:05:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
For the short bus.

If you make determinations about an individual based upon that persons race, you are, by definition a racist.

You tell me some guy is black the only thing I assume is that he has curly hair.  Even there I could be wrong as some Mongoloids have skin as dark as a negroid and yet their hair is perfectly straight.
Oh, for the record, there are only three races, mongoloid, caucausoid and negroid.

The short bus? You must have rode it.

First of all, the post was a set of examples, although they were all actually fact.  

Second of all I never said "All Mexican are on welfare because there are more minorities on it than whites", which you seem to be implying.

Again, re-read the post...if you can.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Pretty sure you're wrong on that one.

Got a source for it?  I'm looking for something now

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#13]
i don't entirely disagree with your point, but you also have a problem with definitions.  to wit:

Quoted:
Caucasian: "Most street gang members in America are made up of minorities". (fact)

this is not a fact.  there is no reporting system for street gang population.  there are only estimates.  you cannot have a fact based on an estimate.

this might possibly be a fact, but without supporting documentation, we'll never know.  do you have access to the racial breakdown of welfare disbursements?  i'd be interested to see it.  if you do not have that information, then how do you know if this is a fact?

Caucasian: "Most illegal aliens are unskilled and uneducated." (fact)

sorry, not a fact.  there's the quantification problem mentioned above, not to mention that you don't define "skill" or "education".  without these definitions, your statement cannot possibly be a fact.

this is so non-factual as to be amusing.  this statement is an opinion. it might be true, but it is certainly not a fact.

i would suggest that, if you are going to argue lexicon, you at least define the words correctly.  as professor crowley once told me...

"dismantle with care the bridge upon which you are standing."
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#14]
KILL WHITEY!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a higher rate but i have HEARD that more whites are in fact on welfare than any other group (majority) remember Apalachia, trailer parks, etc.   Jerry Springeresque shows feature many many white folks.  They're the ones with the front tooth knocked out etc....

BTW Sylvan, your definition is bullshit and there is nothing about 89grand that would get me to believe that he is a "racist."
I would have expected more from you.

Now you could start to say that the comments were "prejudice" but I do not believe so, in order for the statements to be prejudiced they would have to have been made with no regard to facts.  While I believe that one of the "facts" is incorrect he is not just throwing opinions out there based solely on preconceived notions.

A similar comment to those he would make is: "There are more white people than black people in my class."  Despite the possibility that you will incorrectly lend the PC definition of "racism" to the words "black" and "white," the statement is accurate.  There is no prejudice because the statement was not formed based on preconceived notions with no regard to reality.

To say that "A random black person is more likely to be convicted of a crime than a random white person." is not a prejudiced comment either.  It is fact.  It may be insensitive or whatever but it is backed up with evidence.  The statement cannot be prejudiced unless it has no basis in fact and was formed merely based upon preconceived notions about the individual that have no basis in fact.

It's a shame this PC bullshit has gotten this far.  Alas there is no stopping it...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I think what Sylvan is objecting to is the collection of "facts" (since when did an opinion get to be a fact) seem to layout a negative pattern that some simple minded people would draw false conclusions from.

As in "All minories are the suck..."

one could also put together a list of ugly facts for any group of people, whites, blacks, muslism, christians, gays, straights, etc.

EPOCH

Lov'n all colors!
Hat'n some individuals

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Word-RACIST

Definition- Driver of vehicle competing to finish first , in a race.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a higher rate but i have HEARD that more whites are in fact on welfare than any other group (majority) remember Apalachia, trailer parks, etc.   Jerry Springeresque shows feature many many white folks.  They're the ones with the front tooth knocked out etc....

BTW Sylvan, your definition is bullshit and there is nothing about 89grand that would get me to believe that he is a "racist."
I would have expected more from you.

+1
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

n.

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

I fucking hate it when people post the definition of racism to decry my definition of racist (two different words, btw)
Was my definition that far off?

Sorry if I didn't pull out the Websters before posting.
Sorry, was there a Klan convention I didn't know about?

it was probably held at the same time as the  La Raza/MALDEF/NAACP meeting.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
KILL WHITEY!

Cant we all just get along.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I bet there are more whites on Welfare in D.C, Chicago, New Jersey, L.A., Phily, Balitmore etc.

Besides some of you guys are intentionally missing the point of the thread.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#22]

I prefer to hang out with people I have things in common with.
Most often that means white people that grew up in the country. There are exceptions but not many.

Does that make me racist?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The same observations (save the welfare portion) could have been said about Scottish, Italians, Irish, Jews and just about every other immigrant group at one point or another (and has been said)
That you observed, mostly correctly (more whites are on welfare than all other minorities combined).  That you wanted to make a point of it leads me to question the motiviation.  

What, exactly, was the point of your thread?
The heretofore unknown phenominom of being called a racist if you make an observation that minorities are over represented in prison?
Is your point that people with dark skin are pre-disposed to crime?
Thank you for your insight, we are all better educated and thankful for it.

I'm not sure it's worth my time to keep trying to expain the point of the thread to you, you can't seem to comprhend it.

The point of the thread is what the current definition of racist has become thanks to the Liberal media, minority groups...and apparently you too.

You claim that making the point that there are more minorities in prison than whites that it is also making the claim that minorities are pre-disposed to crime. I never said that. Maybe that is what it means, you tell me.

You're a great example of what this thread was actually about. Using the label racist inappropriately and twisting stories to gloss over actual facts.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Hmmmm, likely?  The numbers don't lie, bud.  If I had to choose for my wife to teach in the inner-city or out in the country/suburbs, guess which I would choose and why?  Does that make me racist?  No, makes me not a dumb ass, becasue I know that she is statistically safer not in the inner city.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I inferred he meant by percentage.  But then minority hispanics are white so you have to have some pretty "special" definitions to make this racist stuff work in the first place.  I like the attitude of blacks that just say someone is "ignorant" when they make remarks that are usually meant to insult and offend.  They may have some truth but the motives are counter-productive.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Although most of you guys do get it, for those that can't seem to understand the point of the thread:

The point is how the word "Racist" has been hijacked and how it's always used.

Although I believe the "examples" I listed to be true and fact, it really isn't the point, they were meant to be examples of how Liberals and minority groups throw that label around to scare whitey and to confues the issue.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#27]
i'm sorry, but i have to agree w/ this guy. [RANT ON!]

reverse-racism is running wild in this country.  to the minorities that constantly cry about " the man keeing me down"  and picketing for equal rights....i say this..... THE ONLY PERSON KEEPING YOU DOWN....IS YOU!!!  you ask for "equality" but then you constantly set yourselves apart w/ "our culture" and "our music" "our herritage"......seperate clothing lines such as "FUBU"...aka For Us By Us.....and thats just the tip of the iceburg.  Black history month, Hispanic history month.....thats neat......why isnt there a "White or Caucassion history month" hell....even an "Irish History Month" or something of that nature??  [sarcasm on]because that would be rasicst[/sarcasm off]  

QUIT FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELVES, QUIT LOOKING FOR HANDOUTS FROM US TAXPAYERS, GET AN EDUCATION, GET A JOB, AND DO WELL FOR YOURSELF!!!  

part of being accepted as equal is achieved by gaining the respect of the rest of society and pulling your own weight!!!  nobody likes a leach.  Welfare WHAT??  i think you see my point.

[Rant off] i dont want to get banned for expressing my views on this subject matter, so i'm done.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmmm, likely?  The numbers don't lie, bud.  If I had to choose for my wife to teach in the inner-city or out in the country/suburbs, guess which I would choose and why?  Does that make me racist?  No, makes me not a dumb ass, becasue I know that she is statistically safer not in the inner city.

You're such a damn racist. It's no safer to be out in the country than to be in the center of Compton CA or D.C on a late Friday night.

How dare you make such a racist claim.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yeah, he would be closer to a statistician than a racist, though neither can really be correctly applied. So let's see if I'm racist as well, with this statement:

"According to the FBI uniform crime reports, in the year 2004 blacks comprised 33.3% of all rapes committed in the United States, even though they only make up roughly 11% of the U.S. population. If all things were truly equal, each racial group would commit crimes in numbers similar to their representation in the population. The statistic shows that blacks commit approximately 3 times more rape than their population supports. Hispanics also commit slightly more than their population supports, while whites, islanders, Asians and Native Americans commit slightly less than their population supports. Though I've not bothered with the EXACT equation, your odds of being raped by a black are signifigantly higher than any other race. Rape represents one of the lower percentages among blacks, as grouped by race, with them leading all but infanticide in all crimes listed. In most cases they commit at least twice as many more crimes than their population supports, and in some cases such as drug crimes and car theft the number is as great as seven times more than their overall population supports."

Does that statement make me racist? If so, then the true definition of racist is: One who refuses to ignore facts in order to make minorities feel better about themselves and encourage them not to police their own population in order to improve social behavior to levels more civil than can be found in most third world countries.

Of course there is no way to guess what an individuals behavior might be, but it is pretty safe to guess probabilities. I'm sure there are plenty of nice people in Haiti for example, but the average American is smart enough not to travel there because he knows to do so greatly increases his odds of meeting an untimely demise. Unfortunately most Americans are quite comfortable profiling certain groups of people and not so much others. For the most part people are careful to avoid being classed among media hyped sterotypes such as racist even if it is at detriment to honesty, fact, or even their own well being.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The same observations (save the welfare portion) could have been said about Scottish, Italians, Irish, Jews and just about every other immigrant group at one point or another (and has been said)
That you observed, mostly correctly (more whites are on welfare than all other minorities combined).  That you wanted to make a point of it leads me to question the motiviation.  

What, exactly, was the point of your thread?
The heretofore unknown phenominom of being called a racist if you make an observation that minorities are over represented in prison?
Is your point that people with dark skin are pre-disposed to crime?
Thank you for your insight, we are all better educated and thankful for it.

Although I only mentioned that there are more minorities in prison than whites and nothing more, lets see what you think.

More minorities in prison than Whites leads you to believe:
A. Minorites are pre-disposed to crime.
B. Whites are pre-disposed to crime.
C. Every one is the same, it means nothing.
D. Minorities are victims of White racism.

Or when you watch the NBA, you come to the conclusion that:
A. Blacks are better at basketball than Whites.
B. Whites are better at basketball than Blacks.
C. Blacks and Whites are exactly equal at playing basketball.

Looking forward to your answers.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Guess I am a racist, there I said it. Now close the border.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Guess I am a racist, there I said it. Now close the border.

If you won't ignore blatant facts you certainly are.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#33]

More minorities in prison than Whites leads you to believe:
A. Minorites are pre-disposed to crime.
B. Whites are pre-disposed to crime.
C. Every one is the same, it means nothing.

Or when you watch the NBA, you come to the conclusion that:
A. Blacks are better at basketball than Whites.
B. Whites are better at basketball than Blacks.
C. Blacks and Whites are exactly equal at playing basketball.

And neither one really bother me
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#34]
For the short bus.

If you make determinations about an individual based upon that persons race, you are, by definition a racist pre-judging someone.  

Fixed it for you.

Simply prejudging someone doesn't a racist make.  In order to be a racist there has to be position of power over the (sic) victim.  To use your influence or power to affect another's future (based solely on race) would be a case of racism, not prejudgment.

You tell me some guy is black the only thing I assume is that he has curly hair. Even there I could be wrong as some Mongoloids have skin as dark as a negroid and yet their hair is perfectly straight.
Oh, for the record, there are only three races, mongoloid, caucausoid and negroid

The rest of your arguement makes absolutely no sense to me.

Please continue to enlighten those of us on the "short bus."

B_S
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Actually a sociologist is someone who uses information (such as race) to determine an individuals likely behavior.  So why is sociology a predominantly liberal profession?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow, what's with the recent upsurge of 88-ish shit on here recently?

I know it's not a full moon, so that's not an excuse.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
For the short bus.

Boy are you dense! In my town if a Mexican walks up near you in a dark parking lot odds are he is four times more likely to rob you than a "white guy". At work, we have a Mexican that is an alcholic part time helper. He is just another one of the guys with a common issue to deal with. On a generic level there ARE assumtions you can make about annonymous groups. You take individuals one at a time. If you can't grasp the difference you are crippled too high for crutches. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you are correct. By porportion of population though, minorities are more likely to be on welfare.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
For the short bus.

I rode the short bus, but even I understand what you said!  Good point.  I will be glad when the day comes that we stop noticing what color skin is.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you are correct. By porportion of population though, minorities are more likely to be on welfare.

The only thing more irritating than a black guy on welfare is some balding middle aged white guy whining about it.

Sigh.

I guess it's easier to just blame the minorities than to fix the system.  Less work involved.  Damn lazy white people.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For the short bus.

I rode the short bus, but even I understand what you said!  Good point.  I will be glad when the day comes that we stop noticing what color skin is.

So do I. If the Mexicans here quit committing more than their fair share of crime, we could fire half the police force! I have industrious friends of Mexican decent but as a whole, the Mexican male is prone to laziness. Facts is Facts.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

No, that's actually prejudice, and I believe all people have that to a degree.  I consider it's best to simply be honest with yourself and others and just admit your prejudices.  If you're prejudiced and you want to change...it's just like an addiction, you have to admit there's a problem in the first place.  Consider this...if one has had serious problems with members of another race in the past and it leads to that person feeling intimidated/threatened whenever they encounter someone else of that race later in life...is it prejudice, paranoia or simply some type of coping mechanism ? Where's the line ?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
For the short bus.

Problem with that last statement is that there's been so much interbreeding that races aren't clearly defined as they once were.  I judge a person by the behavior I observe, even though I do see quite a few people who make me uncomfortable, I delay passing judgement until I see their actual behavior.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only thing more irritating than a black guy on welfare is some balding middle aged white guy whining about it.

Sigh.

I guess it's easier to just blame the minorities than to fix the system.  Less work involved.  Damn lazy white people.

In this country where we will pay your way through school and give you preferred treatment once you graduate? Hell yeah! Get your sorry ass to college! No excuse there!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually a sociologist is someone who uses information (such as race) to determine an individuals likely behavior.  So why is sociology a predominantly liberal profession?

if the only information he uses is race, then he is a racist.
You can take into account all kinds of little facts and build a pretty-good presumption of actions.
That isn't what this thread was about.
Sorry if I tweaked some noses, but what the hell were you expecting when you posted this; a "WHITE PRIDE" with a big +1?

Would I marry a black girl from the burbs or Eminem's white girl neighbor from the hood?  Probably the black girl (would have to meet them).
Now, ask yourselves the same question.  Then you will know whether or not you are a racist.

So you are saying that a study done by a university using race as a factor makes the university racist?  What is it is a study done by the university's african american studies department which classifies behavior by race, does that make the african american studies department racist?  Thus affirmative action is inherently racist as it classifies and prioritizes based solely on race?

PS I am surprised how civil this thread has stayed.  I wonder how long until it gets locked?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, that's actually prejudice, and I believe all people have that to a degree.  I consider it's best to simply be honest with yourself and others and just admit your prejudices.  If you're prejudiced and you want to change...it's just like an addiction, you have to admit there's a problem in the first place.  Consider this...if one has had serious problems with members of another race in the past and it leads to that person feeling intimidated/threatened whenever they encounter someone else of that race later in life...is it prejudice, paranoia or simply some type of coping mechanism ? Where's the line ?  

See, there is the problem, if we are talking a danger issue, pre-judice is NOT a bad thing. It is just being honest. If we are talking about striking up a conversation at a 4th of July parade that is a different matter. I don't anyone here is stating, "Blacks are bad".
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
For the short bus.

So do I. If the Mexicans here quit committing more than their fair share of crime, we could fire half the police force! I have industrious friends of Mexican decent but as a whole, the Mexican male is prone to laziness. Facts is Facts.

It's terrible how they're genetically indisposed to be lazy enough to pick their asses up, sneak into another country, and work shitty ass jobs for low wages.  Lazy Mexicans.

Jesus, where do they hand out the pointy hats 'round here?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I bet there are more whites on Welfare in D.C, Chicago, New Jersey, L.A., Phily, Balitmore etc.

Besides some of you guys are intentionally missing the point of the thread.

Well, I happen to live fairly close to Baltimore, and while I can't state this as fact (the hard data simply isn't there), most of the people I've seen who were on welfare were blacks.  Most of the poor white folk here live in the trailers and all that, the blacks are generally more visible because they're always applying for housing assistance, which allows them to move into $200k+ single-family homes, in addition to being on welfare.  On the other hand, I've noticed there's a lot of white people here who keep trying to make up a disability so they can get SSI, so...who  knows.  Both groups try to milk the system, it's just one is more visible than the other and they do so to different extremes.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

n.

I fucking hate it when people post the definition of racism to decry my definition of racist (two different words, btw)
Was my definition that far off?

Sorry if I didn't pull out the Websters before posting.
Sorry, was there a Klan convention I didn't know about?

dj 1: based on racial intolerance; "racist remarks" 2: discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion [syn: antiblack, anti-Semitic, anti-Semite(a)] n : a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others [syn: racialist]

better?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top