Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 9:35:30 AM EDT
How many other members here made SSGT?

I know the Air Force did there selection today but I am not sure about the other branches.

My line number is 9907 since I only have 3 and a half years in.  So, it will be probably be May before I get to put it on and get the extra money.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Went BTZ then got lucky the first test.

Congrats.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]

I know the Air Force did there selection today but I am not sure about the other branches.

My line number is 9907 since I only have 3 and a half years in. So, it will be probably be May before I get to put it on and get the extra money.

Congrats!  I personally do not think most SrA are ready for the increased responsibility of being an NCO, but maybe you're different.  I will tell you that your leadership WILL expect you to step up IMMEDIATELY in your duties.  Pay close attention in ALS; you will need to know the mgmt and leadership material inside and out.  

Most importantly, latch on to a good SSgt or TSgt and learn from them.

Oh, do know the correct term of address for Staff Sergeant selects?
Senior Airman!!!

Now get back to work, Airman!

B_S
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

My line number is 9907 since I only have 3 and a half years in.  So, it will be probably be May before I get to put it on and get the extra money.

My Son in Korea called me this morning and he made it.  He'll have 4 years in in December, was an E-1 coming out of Lackland, none of the goodies that get E-2 or E-3.  Was Going through Loadmaster School, but a series of allergies and sinus problems knocked him out of flight status so he went Egress Systems Tech.  Thought he had bombed the test because it had a bunch of stuff that wasn't in the study guides and T.O's, and  a lot of B-52 stuff.  Which is getting to be a real rare seat compared to others, apparently.  Must have guessed right.  He was telling me about the average TIG/TIS of selectees and wasn't overly hopeful.  He figures, he'll pin it on in August.  He was in the low 13xxx and almost 15xxx got selected.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My Son in Korea called me this morning and he made it.  He'll have 4 years in in December, was an E-1 coming out of Lackland, none of the goodies that get E-2 or E-3.  Was Going through Loadmaster School, but a series of allergies and sinus problems knocked him out of flight status so he went Egress Systems Tech.  Thought he had bombed the test because it had a bunch of stuff that wasn't in the study guides and T.O's, and  a lot of B-52 stuff.  Which is getting to be a real rare seat compared to others, apparently.  Must have guessed right.  He was telling me about the average TIG/TIS of selectees and wasn't overly hopeful.  He figures, he'll pin it on in August.  He was in the low 13xxx and almost 15xxx got selected.

Yeah that test sucked.  Everything I studied real hard wasn't on the test and the stuff that I thought wouldn't be on the test comprised most of it.

August sounds right for the 13000 area becuse this year august was evryone 124XX and above.

If he is egress we will run across each other someday.  I am a F-15 Crew cheif.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I made it too. Line # 8072. Congrats you made it!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Reminds me of a story:

When I was in CA going through SERE, an 0-3 introduced himself to our class as a 0-4 Select and not Capt. X .

...I raised my hand and asked, "Sir, doesn't a selection mean you are still just a Captain....."

Anyway, good luck and congrats.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top