Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 7:41:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:47:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on if there is something wrong with it or if parts are missing. If yes, it depends on whether or not you want MEC to overhaul it for you ($$$) or if you have the time and patience to do it yourself. If it is good to go, and it is already set up to load, say AA trap or skeet loads, I'd jump on it.

I've a 9000 I'd be glad to get $50 for now, since the movers fugged it up and parts went missing, and MEC wants too much to overhaul it. And I don't want to move it back across country next week.

ETA: That wasn't meant to be a FS ad--but just to give you a perspective in case it has problems or missing parts
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Mike,
   MEC is good--if possible, ask if he can do a quick demo and turn out a loaded shell (hopefully he has the manual for you too), you'll see if the stages work correctly, how well it crimps the hull, and also so you know how to load it.

If it works like it should, I'd go for it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#4]
when are you taking me hunting, Beer?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
a buddy is bringing me a MEC press setup for 12g. he wants 50.00 for it

not sure of the model but it is very close to the MEC 8567.

should i buy it? is it wroth reloading shotgun ammo?

mike

reloading shotgun ammo is generally not worthwhile unless you are a hardcore reloader and like to dick around with different loads

factory trap loads cheap to buy, about the same as reloads

heavy field loads aren't shot often enough to justify reloads

MEC is an excellent brand
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I tried reloading shotshells. I found that you can buy them cheaper then you can make them, unless your shooting a LOT and buy your components in bulk. I'll never reload shotshells again, if I can buy them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't we have a reloading forum?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I tried reloading shotshells. I found that you can buy them cheaper then you can make them, unless your shooting a LOT and buy your components in bulk. I'll never reload shotshells again, if I can buy them.

+1.

I just starting buying factory rounds by the case and it was not worth it to *me* to reload.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top