Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2005 5:51:38 AM EDT
Reporter/aurhor imbedded with forces in Iraq.  Michael Yon is his name.

There is some good reading here.

The section titled "Jungle Law"  is exceptionally well written, couple of paragraphs down.

www.michaelyon.blogspot.com/
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:19:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Deuce Four is an overwhelmingly aggressive and effective unit, and they believe the best defense is a dead enemy. They are constantly thinking up innovative, unique, and effective ways to kill or capture the enemy; proactive not reactive. They planned an operation with snipers, making it appear that an ISF vehicle had been attacked, complete with explosives and flash-bang grenades to simulate the IED. The simulated casualty evacuation of sand dummies completed the ruse.

The Deuce Four soldiers left quickly with the "casualties," "abandoning" the burning truck in the traffic circle. The enemy took the bait. Terrorists came out and started with the AK-rifle-monkey-pump, shooting into the truck, their own video crews capturing the moment of glory. That's when the American snipers opened fire and killed everybody with a weapon. Until now, only insiders knew about the AK-monkey-pumpers smack-down.

Nice one!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:22:11 AM EDT
[#2]
all his writing is good detailed "boots on the ground" type of stuff. you get to see the populace at the ground level and not from the 15th floor of whatever hotel reporters are hiding in nowadays. he's also not holed up in baghdad either...

d00p btw.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

d00p btw.

Search sucks here ya know.  I searched for all kinds of topics like this.
Not being able to search content makes it nearly impossible.

My complaint for the day
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Many Thanks for the lead to the Michael Yon stuff.

It is just excellent.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

d00p btw.

Search sucks here ya know.  I searched for all kinds of topics like this.
Not being able to search content makes it nearly impossible.

My complaint for the day

Here 'tis:

Dupe
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I signed up and get his email update notification...he's a great writer and I look forward to his stuff.

Highly recommend his site.

HH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top