Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2005 4:30:35 AM EDT
We are given a certian number of days to work from home each year and I just felt like using one for the heck of it.

This is nice.  Writing my test scripts, monitoring the server, testing the software, entering bug reports, all while in sweat shorts and an undershirt in my bedroom.

But the best part is I can surf ARFCOM in full screen and not worry about somone walking up behind me in my cube.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:36:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is, I do it alot.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:38:54 AM EDT
[#2]
WFH every day I'm not on travel.  Really cuts down on dry cleaning.  I have a router with ARFCOM on one computer and my laptop logged into the work VPN.

G
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:51:42 AM EDT
[#3]
When I work from the house it means my ruptured disc is kicking my ass. When this happens I cant drive, I have to take meds. If I am fucked up on meds and shouldnt drive I thought I shouldnt be working either. I would take 3 or 4 sick/vac days normaly and then catch up when I get back in.

My boss didnt like that so he said " I hate to see you using your leave time so here's a laptop I want you to work from home. "

I said with the meds I take  (Tylox + flexadril = )  I really shouldnt be making any decsions or be working on the network. "

He said " I am not worried about anything plus if your not here I have to answer stuff I dont know anything about so even if you on morphine your answer is still better than mine  "

The 2nd time working from the house in 3 days I deleted or fucked enough work to keep TWO people busy for a week.
No one caught it. I noticed when I got back to work a week later. Now I use the phone only and dont talk to ANYONE outside my department when I work on meds from the house.
Its nice to be needed and at the same time it sucks too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes it is. I have been working from home for approx. 2 years now. I don't think I could ever go back to an office again.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:07:40 AM EDT
[#5]
WFH for about 8 years now.. Great overall, but you can get kinda isolated if your not careful about it.  Need to keep up the persoanl network and get out for lunch sometimes.  but i love it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top