BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 10:33:36 PM EDT
Hope its not a dupe........taser didn't kill this guy, it saved his life

Crusader Nabbed By Michigan Cops
Medieval sword, mallet, armor no match for ye olde Taser

www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0805051sword1.html#content
AUGUST 5--Meet Robert McClain. The Michigan man, 42, was arrested last week after he attempted to literally go medieval on cops. According to the below Royal Oak Police Department report, officers were dispatched to McClain's home after a motorist called 911 to report that McClain had fled the scene of an auto accident. When they arrived at his crib, McClain allegedly tried to strike a cop with a four-foot sword. After missing, McClain retreated to his basement, where he donned a chainmail armored vest and leather gauntlets to protect his arms. He also added a giant wooden mallet to his arsenal and beckoned officers to come downstairs and get him. "I'm gonna crush your fucking skulls," McClain warned. Then, in a nice rhetorical flourish (for a lunatic, at least), he added, "I have a thousand years of power." That omnipotence, however, was no match for a police Taser, which felled McClain. He was then carted off and charged with felony assault and a misdemeanor count for failing to remain at an accident scene. (3 pages)
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
While it is a dupe from a couple days ago, this post title is FAR better.. you win!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:33:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish we had video of that.....

The proper response of the cops should have been to yell LIGHTNING BOLT!!! LIGHTNING BOLT!!! while tazing him.

That would be funny as hell.

Can anyone take 1000 years of power from me???

ZZZZZAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:38:27 AM EDT
[#3]
god, life imitates art! anyone ever see the d&d scene in "reno 911"?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:39:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Now THAT'S "Real Steel"  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:49:47 AM EDT
[#5]
He may have commited the perfect crime. Do you think anyone will challenge his insanity defense?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:49:57 AM EDT
[#6]
That is one lucky shithead.  Most LEOs would have just blasted his ass, and it would have been ruled a "good shoot."
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:03:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The proper response of the cops should have been to yell LIGHTNING BOLT!!! LIGHTNING BOLT!!! while tazing him.

ZZZZZAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!!!

I like to think that they did (yell lightning bolt)
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:05:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:07:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

ZZZZZAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Sounds like a job for Sgtar15:

"Can anyone take 1000 years of power from me???"

"LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT!!!" ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTT

Does anyone have a taser smiley/graemlin?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:11:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
While it is a dupe from a couple days ago, this post title is FAR better.. you win!

*yawn*
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:21:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That is one lucky shithead.  Most LEOs would have just blasted his ass, and it would have been ruled a "good shoot."

Take a swing at me with a broadsword and see if your ass doesn't get shot.
It would've been a good shoot.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#13]
If you read the police report you'll see that hte first shot with a taser had no effect on mr. whacko.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Now that's interesting,  all we ever get are Ninjas.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

"Ye olde taser"

BWAHAHAH!

Ben
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#17]
As a Royal Oak resident, let me say that I am completely unsuprised by the incident.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
As a Royal Oak resident, let me say that I am completely unsuprised by the incident.

Is the guy that looks like Charles Manson still running up and down 11 mile?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top