Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 9:44:26 PM EDT
Are there any good  Freeware/ShareWare SpyBot killers out there?

Any other good security programs?

If not what would you recommend to buy for a home user who is almost broke?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Micro Soft Anti Spyware. It is free and certainly helps. Also keeps those damn browser hijackers off of your PC.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are there any good  Freeware/ShareWare SpyBot killers out there?

Any other good security programs?

If not what would you recommend to buy for a home user who is almost broke?

Also try Spybot Search and Destroy, its the shat..

SCHWANG
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have spybot search and destroy and adaware. When I used IE they were real handy. Firefox pretty much took care of 98% of the problems. I resisted at first but it is seriously less poluted than IE. Glad I switched.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Try Micro Soft Anti Spyware. It is free and certainly helps. Also keeps those damn browser hijackers off of your PC.

Never heard ofthem. Will  look at them.

Quoted:
I have spybot search and destroy and adaware. When I used IE they were real handy. Firefox pretty much took care of 98% of the problems. I resisted at first but it is seriously less poluted than IE. Glad I switched.

Same here, I just have a bad feeling that some of the little shits are still inside.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:22:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, it's called FIREFOX.  

Once you need Ad Awary and Spybot, you're already fu****...you'll be a dog chasing your tail at that point.  

If you keep using Internet Explorer, you will NEVER be rid of spyware.  

I saw something a couple of months ago that said a brand spanking new computer with a virgin hard drive will be infected with spyware within 14 minutes of being turned on, if left hooked up to the net w/o an industrial strengh, enterprise level firewall, w/o you even having to surf the web.  

I have no reason to disbelieve that, given how criminally bad the security is in MS operating systems, and how bad IE is.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:12:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never heard ofthem. Will  look at them.

Quoted:

Same here, I just have a bad feeling that some of the little shits are still inside.

Spybot search and destroy along with adaware will take care of it. Have been running that combo for years and I swear by it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top