Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 8:49:05 PM EDT
My platoon just got the RFI hi-speed/low drag gear issued.  

I won't get my weapon back in my paws until Thursday, but I understand that it now has an ACOG, a collapsible buttstock with storage compartment and a new vertical foregrip.

Now heres the cool part, I got to see the vertical foregrip that will replace our Knights grip.

It's entirely different than I have seen before, and it is very gadgety, like something you would see on an Arfcommer's Mforgery.

It appears to be a thicker, round, 90 degree vertical grip with foam padding all around and a picatinny rail grabber at the top for attachment.  The unusual part is that you press a button and a short aluminum bipod pops out of the bottom.

It is marked something like G.P.S, "GripPodSystem", and it has something close to www.grippodsystem.com stamped on it as well, but the adddress is no good, and  a search turned up nothing.

Anybody know anything about this?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My platoon just got the RFI hi-speed/low drag gear issued.  

I won't get my weapon back in my paws until Thursday, but I understand that it now has an ACOG, a collapsible buttstock with storage compartment and a new vertical foregrip.

Now heres the cool part, I got to see the vertical foregrip that will replace our Knights grip.

It's entirely different than I have seen before, and it is very gadgety, like something you would see on an Arfcommer's Mforgery.

It appears to be a thicker, round, 90 degree vertical grip with foam padding all around and a picatinny rail grabber at the top for attachment.  The unusual part is that you press a button and a short aluminum bipod pops out of the bottom.

It is marked something like G.P.S, "GripPodSystem", and it has something close to www.grippodsystem.com stamped on it as well, but the adddress is no good, and  a search turned up nothing.

Anybody know anything about this?

AFAIK, we just getting the M68 CCO.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a discussion a while back.. I cant find the thread.

Some folks thought it was the coolest damn thing, this grippod, and others shit on it if I remember correctly.

I think the main gripe is the $250+ price tag.  All i remember is that it was unreasonably expensive.

- BG

EDIT:  Found it:  Grip Pod thread

(Thread is complete with pictures from video games... yay!  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Go over to the AR side of the house and look in the old Rifles/Uppers/Lowers forum.  We've talked about it there.  There is a guy in the EE that sells them at a discount.

Sorry, it's been seen and used by ARFCOM members.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds a little like that combination foregrip/tripod that Oly tried to market last year.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#5]
google is your friend
www.grippod.com/
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#6]
The GripPod I believe.  The pictures you see of the FN SCAR have it on there.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
google is your friend
www.grippod.com/

Thats it.

I Googled 'GripPodSystem'.  No luck.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it really workable to have the the forward grip and the bipod located in the same position?

I'd think you'd want the FG further back than the bipod.

Let us know how it affects your shooting.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:02:41 AM EDT
[#10]
$200? that is way too expensive for ordinary mortals.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:02:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I give it 3 months before the knock-offs start appearing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:21:06 AM EDT
[#12]
good googly moogly...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I give it 3 months before the knock-offs start appearing.

Heck they started making their own knock-offs.  You can get it the Grippod in original metal, or now in low cost/weight plastic.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I finally got to play with it.

It seems pretty solid and very well made.

I like the forward grip close to the mag well and center of gravity.  I placed it there this time as well, and the bipod functions very well in that position.  It's farther back than the traditional bipod position, but function is good.  Also, since the Knight's RAS is not free floated, I think that placing the bipod farther back might help to minimize change to POI caused by bipod use.

Overall, first opinion is that I like this unit, and my normal inclination is not to like unnecessary "gee-whizz" items.

My new buttstock is LMT, with battery storage, I'm reserving judgement on this, I do like the enhanced cheek weld though.

The ACOG of course, kick ass.  I didn't have to tell anybody that.

The  new BUIS is cool too, I'm not sure which manufacturer it is, but it has a A2 windage knob and "thumb" adjuster for range.

The RFI program is sweet, way too much cool shit.  (You don't even want to hear about the AN/PRC-146 radios, MICH headsets, LP-10T range finders and other cool toys..."
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The  new BUIS is cool too, I'm not sure which manufacturer it is, but it has a A2 windage knob and "thumb" adjuster for range.

Sounds like the MaTech BUIS.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I remember those grip pods, I always thought they were to long as a VG. I like my vertical grips shorter.  But thats just me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:29:42 AM EDT
[#17]
The foregrip you describe was developed during the new SCAR rifle program if I'm not mistaken
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:34:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Doesn't Wal Mart market something like that for $10 in the camera section?

I know I've seen it before.

(Damn. There went post 1000, I thought it was 999)
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:40:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Doesn't Wal Mart market something like that for $10 in the camera section?

I know I've seen it before.

(Damn. There went post 1000, I thought it was 999)

and you wasted it on Wal-mart post. And now i've quoted you so you can never take it back MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Just make sure to say "Go go gadget GripPod!" when you press the button.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:53:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Grip-Pod is indeed very, very cool.  I got to handle one a few months ago courtesy of www.title2.com/Grippod.html
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

hahahahahaha
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Go over to the AR side of the house and look in the old Rifles/Uppers/Lowers forum.  We've talked about it there.  There is a guy in the EE that sells them at a discount.

Sorry, it's been seen and used by ARFCOM members.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=272641
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Ha.  The consensus is that before when you were bored you could only slide the stock back and forth.. opened.. closed.. opened.. closed...   Now when your bored you can also pop out the bipod, close it and pop it again, or, for the advanced bored user you can alternate between opening and closing the stock and popping the bipod.

It's a friggin' symphony.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Dang...   AZNG is getting M4s? What happened to all those cherry M16A2s they had?

I remember in my unit arms room there were some rifles that looked damn near brand new.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Cool piece of kit, but it sure is pricey.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Dang...   AZNG is getting M4s? What happened to all those cherry M16A2s they had?

I remember in my unit arms room there were some rifles that looked damn near brand new.

Actually some units/certain soldiers in AZNG have had M4s for several years now.  However, they don't have all the latest goodies.

I'm Guard whoring and farmed out to a different unit right now, I don't think any AZNG unit will be getting the RFI gear for a while, unless it's the Recon Platoon of 1/158 when the unit is stood up this fall.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'm Guard whoring and farmed out to a different unit right now, I don't think any AZNG unit will be getting the RFI gear for a while, unless it's the Recon Platoon of 1/158 when the unit is stood up this fall.

*twitch* *twitch*

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The RFI program is sweet, way too much cool shit.  (You don't even want to hear about the AN/PRC-146 radios, MICH headsets, LP-10T range finders and other cool toys..."

only the best for the fighting man, watch your six F.H.F. and thanks for the product report
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
google is your friend
www.grippod.com/

Google sends lots of money to the Brady bunch. They are not your friend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top