Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:15:15 PM EDT
ran for president she would definately get the black vote. I told her I wasn't so sure about that but she assured me she would.

What do you think? I know she would get my vote.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
she'd sure as hell get my white vote   or whatever color I was on any given day.

But I hear your point.....

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]

she'd sure as hell get my white vote

+1
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not black but I'd vote for Condi.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1

+2

I'd *LOVE* to see the response of a typical Democrat/Liberal to a "Rice/________" bumper sticker on my vehicle, driven by a 50'ish white male.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#5]
she'd get my vote
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#6]
She tough as nails, she would get my vote
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#7]
She'd sure get ours!

HH
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Jesse Jackson is about the only black who wouldn't vote for Condi. They'd vote for her for no other reason than to get a black president.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
she'd sure as hell get my white vote   or whatever color I was on any given day.

But I hear your point.....

I'm sorry, but the US Patent and Trademark Office will have to deny your 'white vote' because it is inappropriate and racist.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]
She would clean up.

And for the record, GW got my Black vote. And my Mothers. And my Uncles. And a few more I can think of.

Not all Black folks are sheep. Now all White folks are hippies. Some (of each) have scruples, moral and values.

And some just dont like slime.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#12]
The GOP won't nominate her for the next election.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:30:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Depends how she played it.  She could possibly pull more blacks over to the 2nd though.  With Her daddy having armed himself against the Klan back in the day,  Her credentials as a "Second Ammendment Absoulutist"  are strong.  

Maybe more Blacks will start to see it as the legitamate Cival rights issue that it is.

I think that the liberal media would attempt to destroy her with names like "Aunt Tom" and "House Nxxxxr"
The libs just don't seem very supportive of educated, thoughtful, successful blacks.  I guess it doesen't fit with their pre conceived ideas.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Why not?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#15]
If Condi gets the nomination, Ill move to Chicago and vote for her, twice.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I think that the liberal media would attempt to destroy her with names like "Aunt Tom" and "House Nxxxxr"

For some reason I think it'll backfire.  That tactic seems a little old.  Might still work for a black male conservative.  But a female?  It might come across as somewhat misogynistic.  The whole "women aren't supposed to have the freedom to be conservative... a successful woman is supposed to only think a certain way, yada yada."  Reeks of white male urban elitism.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Depends how she played it.  She could possibly pull more blacks over to the 2nd though.  With Her daddy having armed himself against the Klan back in the day,  Her credentials as a "Second Ammendment Absoulutist"  are strong.  

Maybe more Blacks will start to see it as the legitamate Cival rights issue that it is.

The libs just don't seem very supportive of educated, thoughtful, successful blacks.  I guess it doesen't fit with their pre conceived ideas.  

I have always seen liberals as the most perniciously biased shitbirds on the planet with their "Oh, you can't make it in Whitey's World" bullshit and their continuous efforts to down-talk people of color, like they're worthless and need constant help. Like any more white people give a care about what your skin color is!

That's so 1922!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Also, two words: President Hotty.

Would you?

Hmmm.

Be the first President I could "consider."
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I am a pretty big Bush supporter, but I'll admit I'd rather have Condi right now, even over Bush. IMHO, she's the toughest and brightest mind in his administration.

So, my suggestion is Condi/Rummy in 08. You think that wouldn't be a helluva duo?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Also, two words: President Hotty.

Would you?

Hmmm.

Be the first President I could "consider."

Maybe if she fixed that gap in her teeth.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I am a pretty big Bush supporter, but I'll admit I'd rather have Condi right now, even over Bush. IMHO, she's the toughest and brightest mind in his administration.

So, my suggestion is Condi/Rummy in 08. You think that wouldn't be a helluva duo?

Have my vote and entertainment value of the news people melting down would be great
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#22]
She'd get this asian's vote.  I like Condi.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Colin Powell was a real leader, with a presence that transcended race.  Rice might be something kind of like that, but in the current position, placed between several proverbial rocks and hard places, she's a voice for someone else.  I believe her conviction, but I wonder if she has the kind of vision needed.  Marching in lock step isn't always characteristic of determination.  In this case, I think it's probably hurting her.

I would have fallen over myself voting for Powell, assuming his gun control opinions were on the right side, and what a great president he would likely have made.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not?

Because shes never been elected to anything.  Because entrenched bigwigs in the party have been waiting for their shot for a long time now.  And most importantly, because she doesn't stand much chance of winning.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
she'd get my vote

+1
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Did someone say Rumsfeld?  Oh, please.  I can hear it now.

"You go to office with the president you have waiting in the wings, annoited by the republican elite, not the president you want to have annoited by the republican elite."

OK, everyone call me a democrat now.  Get it out of your system.  It's all black and white, you're either a republican or you HATE America... and Jesus... and Bushmaster... and LOVE terrorists... and PETA rallies... and rosie odonnell....

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd have to see it to believe it.  Where was the Nigro Cacausas when Clarence Thomas was being confirmed?  Patty
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#29]
She would get mine, but I am betting most would go third party before the vote for a black, let alone a woman. We have wayyyy to many racists in our ranks. I hear most racist comments at gunshows, gunshops, and gun ranges. Seriously. I think many would go third party and let Hillary win while they sit on their hands and congradulate themselves for going third party.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Powell? No way!! No way would I ever vote for Powell. He's way to weak for my tastes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Colin Powell was a real leader, with a presence that transcended race.  Rice might be something kind of like that, but in the current position, placed between several proverbial rocks and hard places, she's a voice for someone else.  I believe her conviction, but I wonder if she has the kind of vision needed.  Marching in lock step isn't always characteristic of determination.  In this case, I think it's probably hurting her.

I would have fallen over myself voting for Powell, assuming his gun control opinions were on the right side, and what a great president he would likely have made.

He was big time defender racist hiring practices. ie affirmative action.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#32]
one evil white middle class right wing extremist non-sensitive male vote here.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+3 I can think of no one else I would vote for at this time. mmk

+4
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I find it ironic that the blacks (not all) would vote for her because of her race. I dont think voting should be based on race.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Rumsfeld/Rice 2008

Naah.  Rumsfeld is too much of a hot potato to run the big ticket.  Rice and some no-name, party line Senator who appeals to the broadest possible segment of the Republican party.

And Rice first on the ticket, damn it!

Jim
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#37]
She would have my vote. That is one woman who could get the job done.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#38]
1 more here boss
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#39]
She won't run.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
She won't run.  

+1

Such as shame.  Maybe the Veep though???????
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

That is correct!  I like her a lot.  At this point I would not go so far as to say I would vote for her.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:09:05 AM EDT
[#42]
I would vote for her, but she is soft on abortion & I  don't know if the pro life people would vote for her.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:50:34 AM EDT
[#43]
She'd get my vote

Max
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:59:05 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not?

Because shes never been elected to anything.  Because entrenched bigwigs in the party have been waiting for their shot for a long time now.  And most importantly, because she doesn't stand much chance of winning.  

And why wouldn't she? In any polling I've seen she's always at the top.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:04:06 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't know if I would vote for her or not, but I would put a Condi Rice bumber sticker on my truck. Right next to the rebel flag sticker.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Condi should marry some young white guy fresh out of college and run for President! He'll be the hero of his frat for hooking with the Prez!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#47]
She would get my vote as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#48]
She won't get the liberal woman's vote that for sure.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#49]
I would definately vote and campaign for her.   I think she would win fairly easily against anything the dems could put up against her.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top