Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 7:12:01 PM EDT
I actually had a GOOD experience at a gunshow - got in and out without meeting too many of Swindle1984's goofball characters, bought a gun from one guy that was exactly one of his "good-guy" characters, and found... not what I needed when I came in the door, but what I was looking for, anyway.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummm...what is it?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
CZ?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
CZ-52?

Love mine.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#4]
CZ-52, I think.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]
CZ52
Nice!
Hows about a range report with pics!?!?!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
CZ-52, I think.

Correct-a-mundo.

7.62 x 25, got some com-bloc subgun ammo (I think) for it. Velocities are around 1400 fps for the pistol ammo and I think close to 2k for the subgun stuff. Roller-lock action (like the PTR-91, yeah, baby!), eight round mag, clumsy Euro-trash bottom-releasing mag, no slide release (typical Euro-combat-unfriendly "features" for 1950's era handguns), tiny sights. Heavier than a 1911, with a longer grip; fortunately, I have huge hands.

This is one of the coolest, most amazing weirdo guns I've ever HELD, much less owned.

w00T!

I hear it puts out a flameball that is only rivalled by a Moisin-Nagant M44/39...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
CZ52
Nice!
Hows about a range report with pics!?!?!

Tall Shadow

Coming. Some kind soul removed all the cosmo for me. The gun looks like it's never been fired, or if so, only a little. The park is perfect, and the barrel, which has some pretty shallow cuts (I guess all pistols are like that compared to rifles - I'm really a rifle guy), looks mirror bright and clean.

I'll report back.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like mine, even has matching numbers.  I'll get pics up soon.

ETA:mine

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#9]
They are great shooters, and sound cool too because of the 7.62 x 25 round. Really neat design too. Hell of a bargain.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, I'll torch off fifty rounds with the thing tomorrow night if the Firing Line stays open past 6 p.m.

Range report to follow.

If you're feeling up to reading my blogpost, which has a funny story about my addiction to the gun on it, go to Llibercontrarian.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Yours didnt come in a nice case?!

For those who are confused by "roller lock"...

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#12]
love mine, and am looking at getting the .224 REED conversion barrel and some reloading dies
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
love mine, and am looking at getting the .224 REED conversion barrel and some reloading dies

AMEN BROTHER!!

I really want them to get that project finished!!!

Thats gonna be a frickin scorcher of a round.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMEN BROTHER!!

yeah can you say better than the 5.7 round?  low capacity, but still.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMEN BROTHER!!

yeah can you say better than the 5.7 round?  low capacity, but still.....

Oh hell, the 7.62x25mm is probably a strong contender against the 5.7 if you massage some loads for it.
The Reed Express will make the 5.7 look like a damned .22 short!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Correct-a-mundo.

7.62 x 25, got some com-bloc subgun ammo (I think) for it. Velocities are around 1400 fps for the pistol ammo and I think close to 2k for the subgun stuff.

Careful with that. I've heard that the soviet ammo meant for ppsh submachine guns isnt exactly safe to fire in pistols. But, ive also seen 9mm conversion kits for them and they are supposed to be pretty strong so it may have been just cautioning aginst using it in the soviet tokarev pistols.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:27:31 AM EDT
[#17]
LOL, the last time I fired mine at the range, the range owner came out to see WTF I was shooting.  Cool gun for a cool price.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeppers, I touched off 70 rounds with the Old, Bold, Cold Warrior last night and was *amazed* at the muzzle blast and flip.

wwwoo000000ttTTTTT!

Friggin accurate, too. I'll post on my blog about it tomorrow night; it is sure to amaze and delight the kiddies and the accuracy freaks amongst us.

Note to self: Do NOT use Russian ammo manufactured in the year your parents were married (think: Eisenhower) unless you like double-striking.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Until recently, they were selling for under $100 (with no transfer fees if you have a C&R license).

The brown phenolic grips are kind of cheesy, but a quick spritz of spray-on truck bedliner makes 'em look and feel MUCH better.

They're actually quite accurate pistols - The sights are indeed small, but putting a dab of bright paint on the front one helps a lot.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Until recently, they were selling for under $100 (with no transfer fees if you have a C&R license).

The brown phenolic grips are kind of cheesy, but a quick spritz of spray-on truck bedliner makes 'em look and feel MUCH better.

They're actually quite accurate pistols - The sights are indeed small, but putting a dab of bright paint on the front one helps a lot.

You mean bakelite? That bolt assy. sure looks familiar. Alot like my MG42's :)
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice.  CZ52 is on my "gotta have a couple" list.

DO NOT shoot the subgun ammo through it.  I repeat....this is a NO GO.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
- The sights are indeed small, but putting a dab of bright paint on the front one helps a lot.

When i was going to school in machine tool a student brought in his slide  milled it and instlled a set of Bomar lookalikes on it  made it a pretty nice pistol
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You mean bakelite?

"Bakelite™" is a trade name; "phenolic (thermoset plastic)" is  the generic name for the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Got a link to some info on this?? Sounds kinda cool!! I'm about ready to order one from somewhere. Any recommendations on who to buy from? (I've got my C&R)

Kris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top