Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 5:34:24 PM EDT
DENVER - Denver police say a lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Air Force has admitted to vandalizing cars bearing pro-President Bush bumper stickers at Denver International Airport.

Police say he's responsible for thousands of dollars in damage on at least 12 cars. Lt. Colonel Alexis Fecteau, 42, of Colorado Springs, turned himself in to Denver police Friday.

He is director of reserve operations at the National Security Space Institute in Colorado Springs, in charge of more than 40 full-time and traditional reservists.

In the arrest affidavit, Denver police say Fecteau admitted to damaging several cars after police conducted a sting-operation to catch the anti-Bush vandal.

"It was pretty good police work," said Denver Police spokesman Sonny Jackson. He said his department took this case very seriously. "You still have a right to express yourself in this country and you shouldn't have your car vandalized because of it."

Jackson said one of the detectives put out a bait car in late June, complete with a Bush/Cheney 2004 bumper sticker, in the west economy lot at DIA. On July 1st, with a security camera zoomed in to watch, an SUV drove by the bait car, and a short time later a man entered the scene. The man in the video appeared to spray paint something on the back of the car and then continued to do something on the side of the car.

When officers returned to the bait car, the bumper sticker had been painted over and the words "F--- Bush" were spray-painted on the side of the car.

Police used airport exit logs to trace the license plate of the SUV believed to be seen in the bait car surveillance video to Fecteau.

When Fecteau's SUV was spotted parked in the DIA lot on a subsequent visit, police impounded it. When Fecteau approached police about the whereabouts of his SUV, a DPD detective confronted him. Court records show that at that time, Fecteau admitted to the DIA vandalism and said he started damaging vehicles around "election time" last year.

The affidavit shows Fecteau told investigators he didn't mean the graffiti to be a threat against President Bush. He went on to admit he has scratched the same kind of graffiti into "a couple of cars" with his "keys and key holder."

Inside Fecteau's 2001 Ford Excursion, police found a bin full of products, including a tube of Park Tube Polylube, a grease used for bicycle repairs, a spray can of Kleen Strip Auto Strip paint thinner, and Krylon Textured Shimmer paint.

Fecteau faces one count of felony criminal mischief and at least five other misdemeanor counts of criminal mischief. Fecteau has posted a $5,000 bond and is due back in court later this month.

Yepper...I imagine this assclown is going down.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Need a link please, to spread it around.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
So if this guy is convicted of a felony does he lose his retirment??  Completely fucking stupid.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Linky dinky:DUmbass Lt. Col.

I suspect he will be dealt a pretty hard blow for this crap. I wonder if he thinks Kerry was worth losing his career?

Can someone find this asshole's Base e-mail?? I think we need to cheer him up.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll just bet there is more to this "dude" than meets the eye.  

I'm going to wait for some confirmation...but I've got an idea that this asshole has a very "personal" axe to grind because of his "lifestyle".

I could be wrong...but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Asshat.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I suspect he will be dealt a pretty hard blow for this crap. I wonder if he thinks Kerry was worth losing his career?

Danke.
Release the Hounds!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Fecteau.  Fectard?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Good riddance.   What an assclown.  Real officer like.  Can him, take his retirement and have him work at McDonalds.  

I have served under a president I did not see eye to eye with, he is our president right or wrong.

Max
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#12]
<snip>
Fecteau faces one count of felony STOP.

I guess that takes care of the fly bys. He's in deepschittola.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Denver California ... figures.

That was funny at first, but everytime you post that, it gets annoying.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Good riddance.   What an assclown.  Real officer like.  Can him, take his retirement and have him work at McDonalds.  

I have served under a president I did not see eye to eye with, he is our president right or wrong.

Max

Big +1 to that!  This guy's a disgrace to the uniform and everyone that wears it.  I only hope that the Air Force works him over hard once the locals are done with him.  Airman Basic and a few months in jail would be nice.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Contact AFOSI (Air Force Office of Special Investigations) :

Edited to remove Contact Info

You can do a search for the Air Force Reserve Command then look for the contact email address of the public affairs office and bounce them an Email.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#16]
What an asshole. Sounds like the USAF just became stronger through subtraction.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Pretty simple, it's conduct unbecoming an officer and he could be separated without his retirement.  

If the Air Force is smart, they would just go for the vandalism and conduct unbecoming aspect.  Otherwise there will be allot of leftist, 1st Amendment advocates saying he is getting persecuted for his political views and they would gloss over the crime.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Pretty simple, it's conduct unbecoming an officer and he could be separated without his retirement.  

If the Air Force is smart, they would just go for the vandalism and conduct unbecoming aspect.  Otherwise there will be allot of leftist, 1st Amendment advocates saying he is getting persecuted for his political views and they would gloss over the crime.  

That won't quite work, either, if there's film of him doing this while in uniform. Not allowed 'personal political views' while on-duty.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

As much as I want to give you the e-mail address, I cannot do it with out getting my ass in trouble.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yeah..I hear you but, when you vandalize on camera, it would be kind of hard to say this is free speech. Doing physical damage to a vehicle while in uniform on base? He's a dickhead for sure.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Does not matter if it is in uniform or not commission officers are covered under art 88, contempt toward officials.  

"Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct."

However, although I think he should get hammered for Art 88, the problem is you will make him a cause celeb for the anti-Bush crowd and in a way a martyr for those who don't understand the UCMJ..
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I work at Air Force Reserve Command, if this guy is a Reservist, he will be seeing Maj Gen Tanzi or Lt Gen Bradley shortly.   He is screwed!!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Doing physical damage to a vehicle while in uniform on base? He's a dickhead for sure.

Not defending him but he did this at Denver International Airport and the article does not say anything about him being in uniform.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Must be a homo.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#25]
This guy is fucked.  If he were an airman he might get by with NJP.  But as a light bird, he is on the fast track to the shitter.

Good.  Liberalism is a disease.

ETA: Here's a photo
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I work at Air Force Reserve Command, if this guy is a Reservist, he will be seein
g Maj Gen Tanzi or Lt Gen Bradley shortly.   He is screwed!!!!

He really screwed the pooch on this one!

Ben
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Jackson said one of the detectives put out a bait car in late June, complete with a Bush/Cheney 2004 bumper sticker, in the west economy lot at DIA. On July 1st, with a security camera zoomed in to watch, an SUV drove by the bait car, and a short time later a man entered the scene. The man in the video appeared to spray paint something on the back of the car and then continued to do something on the side of the car.

Damm cameras are everywhere now. You gotta be smarter than this guy was!  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#28]
The liberals will parade him as their new messiah.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#29]
He should be known as Alexis Fecaltoe 'cuse he'e stepped in it now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Damm cameras are everywhere now. You gotta be smarter than this guy was!  

Uh... if he was smart he would never had done anything this stupid to begin with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top