BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:00:00 PM EDT

What in the hell is this: ARFCOM

Seven pages worth.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the party. It was big about a month ago, but I let my nation die since I was getting around to repeat questions. It was fun for a while though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Alrighty then. I'm really, really, really    confused.

What the heck is that    all about???
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
[backing out of thread with AK-47 pointed at the crowd]Don't nobody move! I'm gettin' outta here see, and nobody's gonna stop me![/backing out of thread with AK-47 pointed at the crowd]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Welcome to the party. It was big about a month ago, but I let my nation die since I was getting around to repeat questions. It was fun for a while though.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#5]
What is it?  And what is it's purpose?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Iah...am sooooo confused.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Somebody spent some time on that.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.....
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I take issue with our characterization as a "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy."

Everyone knows we are offensive.

We need to work harder on this.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#12]

So no one's gonna claim responsibility for this?

I figure some of the nightcrew has GOT to be part of this - whateverthefuckitis site.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I figure some of the nightcrew has GOT to be part of this - whateverthefuckitis site.

Zhukov said he did it last month........

here is the home page, they have an explanation of the "game"
www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/-1/
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

KhanFire's Fault

Mine:

The Federation of Gamba Kufu is a huge, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 472 million are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.

There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Defence and Commerce are secondary priorities. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Uranium Mining industries.

Strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths, the judicial branch is strongly influenced by major corporations, and armed police units patrol the roads late at night. Crime is crippling. Gamba Kufu's national animal is the Gopher, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Potato Chip.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#15]
w + t + f = mate?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, I didn't really get what he was saying first time around - so is "NationStates.net" HIS site? Or did he start the idea of "ARFCOM" on it?

All I can say is - that's proof of a LOT of time on some people's hands.

A LOT.

Wow.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, I didn't really get what he was saying first time around - so is "NationStates.net" HIS site? Or did he start the idea of "ARFCOM" on it?

All I can say is - that's proof of a LOT of time on some people's hands.

A LOT.

Wow.

He probably just did the Arfcom part

"NationStates is a nation simulation game created by Max Barry and based loosely on his novel Jennifer Government. If you'd like to know more about Max or his novels, visit his website at www.maxbarry.com."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top