Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 4:54:37 PM EDT
Can someone explain to me how the 203 is cocked by the oprod.  Does it move a hammer? or cock a firing pin?  how does the hammer or whatever fall with out interfering with the oprod after its cocked.  A blueprint would be great!

Matt
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#1]
According to Hollywood, you cock it just like a pump shotgun and never need to reload.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
See... thats what I thought too.

but "a friend of mine" doesnt belive me...yea thats it

Quoted:
Can someone explain to me how the 203 is cocked by the oprod.  Does it move a hammer? or cock a firing pin?  how does the hammer or whatever fall with out interfering with the oprod after its cocked.  A blueprint would be great!

Matt

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't know how much this will help, but its some nice info

M203 manual
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/cad/

At the bottom, "M203 Grenade Launcher."

Exactly what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#5]
What is this M203 thing you speak type of?

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#6]
that's it.  exactly.  I used to use the 203 on ocassion but never got to take one apart.

My question, I notice there is a 1/8x1" ? square cut out of the op-rod.  Does this have somthing to do with the action on the inside?

By the way, thanks for the advice so far.  While the CAD movie is amazing, it really doesnt go into how the action works.

Why do I ask.....you ask?  I want to ad an oprod to a cobray launcher, so as to remove that ugly bolt handle on the side.  I'm working on making a retrofit "kit" to give the cobray's, however usefull they are, a more pleasing appearance.

Thanks everyone!

Matt
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Op rod on a 203? I carried one for over a year and dont remember one. Then again I only knew as much as I needed to know. I qualified expert with it always but I am certainly not an expert in what makes it tick.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#8]
op rod, pinned in metal bar stock that operates the internlas gizmo, whatever
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top