Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 3:20:25 PM EDT
I got my Bushnell range finder 800 from natchez today and took it to the range to see how it works and make a ballistic chart, it was great. First I took 25 big steps and ranged my traget from my blanket and yoga mat it was 30 yards so i moved it closer 26 yards close enough shot 3 rounds to confirm zero. 2 rounds touching 1 went through the same hole and group was 1 inch low. I then set up target at 94 yards, shoots 1 inch high moved my crosshire up now its perfect all groups were about 1 inch some more some less expect for 2 groups which were below .30 inches. I shot at 25 yards again, groups are 2 inches low then shot at 50 yards 1 inch low. i write it down on paper and ready to do some ballon shooting. I set up 7 small head sized ballons at 115 yards, 8 shots 7 dead ballons from off hand. then i set up 10 big head sized ballons about 50 yards from me and walked up the hill behind me i range the ballons, and their between 246 - 314 yards 10 shots 10 dead ballons, this was off a rock bipod i made. then the best shot i have ever made in my life, i see birds in the air and follow with my scope pretending to shoot them out of the air then one lands on a big white out of place rock in the middle of the hill on the other side, i range it and its exactly 300 yards. i get in to a prone positon deploy my bipod and aim right above the bird, one shot the bird falls apart and rolls down the hill, im like holy crap i cant belive i made that shot( i have never shot at anything alive at more than 50 yards). i start heading back to the car and see a bottle i put it on my make shift rock bipod and head to my car. i range it it was 156 yards i shoot onces and miss completly and shoot again and miss again im like WTF i try to hit the rock right under the bottle and bam the bottle explodes. All in all it was a great trip and I learned a lot.

gear i brought

AR
Gerogria Arms canned heat .223 ammo
Bushnell range finder compact 800
yoga mat
blanket
notepad/pen
target and tartget stands

AR is
Oly SUM 1:10 bbl
cmt upper
lmt lower
Arms 50 Sir
Arms 40L BUIS
bushnell scope 3-9
leupy wally world rings
lmt 2 stage
vltor club foot
crappy bipod
tango down BG

and my chart is

25 -2 inches
50 -1 inch
100 -0 inch
150 +1-2 inches

I will post pics when my springfield xd tactical and savage 10fple2b mcmillin comes in

thanks for reading
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That 1:10 Stainless UltraMatch barrel from Olympic is a great barrel!
Mine shoots everything really well, but 62 grainers down to 40 grainers best.

Do you have any photos?
I love my Bushnell compact laser rangefinder.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
i dont have a degi camera ill have to take some reg photos and go to my universty and get them scanned, i will do it when my sniper and pistol comes in, and ill take pic of the whole family

ETA: i just go a email from bud, my guns should be at my dealer the 15th of this month
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top