Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 1:31:51 PM EDT
Missing video footage

Jessica Simpson wants to know where missing footage of her and husband Nick Lachey’s trip to Iraq got to — because she thinks Americans would like to see just how bad conditions are there.

The pop singers-turned-reality TV couple traveled to the war-torn nation to visit U.S. troops as part of a recent ABC television special, and they were both left shell-shocked by what they saw.

But all the controversial moments and harrowing footage of the trip didn’t appear in the fun-filled TV show.

“It was unbelievable. They didn’t show a lot of what really went on with the enemy attacks and the shelling,” Simpson said. “There was so much stuff that went on and somehow the tapes got mysteriously misplaced.

“It put everything in perspective for me. It really did teach me the definition of sacrifice. I can’t even fathom being out there right now. I was ready to come home.”
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, its a war not a trip to Disneyland.  People die and its ugly.  At least she appreciates our troops. Thats what matters.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
because the agenda is to not drum up support for the war the agenda is to discourage the war effort...by the liberal media of course.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
This story is about a month old...this about the 3rd go round for in the press… didn't make any sense, why would anybody care about what Jessica Simpson thinks, if she is even capable of thinking. Going to a war zone don’t make you a war correspondent,
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah! We need this footage!

After all, the media is painting Iraq to be Disney World built in the Garden of Eden, with fountains of wine, dancing naked women, and the gold-paved streets!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This story is about a month old...this about the 3rd go round for in the press… didn't make any sense then why would anybody care about what Jessica Simpson thinks, if she is even capable of thinking. Going to a war zone don’t make you a war correspondent,

Next thing you'll know, she'll be testifying before the Armed Services Committee on the capabilities of SPECOPS in asymetrical warfare.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#6]
i think if people saw it though they would have a greater appreciation for what our guys are doing there. Especcially the people who like her singing and would watch her show.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell, she'll be teaching cel nav to the academy next semester.

Quoted:
Next thing you'll know, she'll be testifying before the Armed Services Committee on the capabilities of SPECOPS in asymetrical warfare.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I find it noteworth she referred to them as "the enemy" and not anything different...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This story is about a month old...this about the 3rd go round for in the press… didn't make any sense then why would anybody care about what Jessica Simpson thinks, if she is even capable of thinking. Going to a war zone don’t make you a war correspondent,

Heck,  she'd know more about it than your average TV talking head.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heck,  she'd know more about it than your average TV talking head.

She has spent more time in the CENTCOM AOR post-9/11 than some of her detractors here.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top