Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 12:55:35 PM EDT
Bastard must have came down from the ceiling of my carport. I guess if there's any good news to report, it's that it wasn't a brown recluse. Been too many of those threads lately. And, black widows are easier to ID because of their unique shiny black color and distinctive red hourglass marking on their belly.

Colorful bitches, aren't they?

I suppose I'll now have to check out the loft above the carport to make sure it's not infested with these suckers. There are tons of widows around here, but so far, I've never encountered a brown recluse. Of course, that doesn't disappoint me at all. LOL.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Time for a bug bomb
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I used a bug bomb "WMD" earlier this year in my underground storm shelter to great effect. That dark, damp place was like a widow magnet. It was loaded with them. I'd have risked clinging to a tree in an F5 and hoping for the best before going into that damn cellar before I de-spidered it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#3]
spider's suck  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Bug Bombs rule! Just remember to leave a lit candle about 2 feet off the ground for greatest effect.
And in case some dumbass is thinking of trying this, DON'T, unless you have a serious dislike for your windows...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#5]
IT'S A FUCKING SPIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man up!

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Just squashed a freaking black widow on the hood of my car

Nevermind.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I used a bug bomb "WMD" earlier this year in my underground storm shelter to great effect. That dark, damp place was like a widow magnet. It was loaded with them. I'd have risked clinging to a tree in an F5 and hoping for the best before going into that damn cellar before I de-spidered it.

My air conditioner had some issues (the condensate pan backed up into the soft duct under the house and filled it with water) and I had to crawl under my house. It was widow city down there. *shudder* I had the willies for an hour afterwards.

GT
I fucking hate spiders that can bite me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats nothing.  I just sat down to take a shit and saw a damn tick on my thigh.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/skid2964/Forum_Stuff/hammerstop.jpg

LMAO!! Where in the fuck do you guys get some of the pics I see on this site everyday??? Hilarious!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Ton of them here.  Black, dark red, blk/wht swirl.  Kill them all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top