Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2005 11:43:48 AM EDT
1. Power Of Flight - The ability to fly is probably the first one we desired as a child since having that early dream of flight. Superheros only reinforced that desires. If we could fly we could break many of our conventional bonds and restraints.

2. Superhuman Strength - This is another one most of us wished for in our early youth. The ability to somehow power ourselves out of any situation or predicament is indeed attractive.

3. Invisibility - This one is a little mroe intellectually appealling and accoured to most of us later than the other super powers. It also has a dark side in the opportunity for misuse that it would provide.

4. X Ray Vision - And we all know about when this one first occurred to us. And we all know what we wanted to see. While applications for "greater good" may be limited most of us would still enjoy it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#1]
omnipotence
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Power of flight. No more TSA crap at the airport.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I would go with a mix of 3 & 4 so I would vote 3.25
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Would flight require just as much effort as walking or running and go just as fast?

If so, most people who had it would still drive.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Last weeks "which super power would you have" poll listed "super mind powers".

I'm going to stay with that answer.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#6]
How about laser beams from the eyes?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, maybe white power - but only if I can get a patent on it - because really, what good is it if I can't get some ZOG protection of my trademarked super power?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Telepathy would get you really, really far in life.

Especially if you could combine it with the power of suggestion.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#9]
gimme invisibility all day long.......

if i wanna fly, i can get on a plane...

if i need to lift something heavy, thank God for hydrolics...

Xray vision...i'll use an xray machine....

invisibility is the only "super power" we havent really achieved through technology (excluding stealth planes and such, but i'm talking REAL invisibility)

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Ever see Soul Vengeance?  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Invisibility.  

Just for "the opportunity for misuse that it would provide"  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Invisibility.

I like to watch.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Other: no limit credit card...

Then you can buy anything you might need/want...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Invisibility for me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Invisiblility would be a convient way around the other powers. You could evesdrop or surveil anyone, go virtually anywhere, and do almost anything.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#16]
E. Other  (Invulnerability)
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I would like the power to morph, or take the shape of someone else.

You know have the power to change into Brad Pitt and take care of Angie for a night
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Telekinesis.

me on sofa: "Baby, can you get me a beer?"

wife: "No, I'm busy in the kitchen"

*Thunk*

me still on sofa opening beer as the remote is returning to the coffee table: "Thanks, honey"

This post is a jest.  It in no way condones violence against women or misuse of telekinetic powers.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd want the power to controll superstings.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
E. Other  (Invulnerability)

+1

The other powers will get you killed quick without invulnarabilty. Especially flight or invisibility!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I want the same powers as Mrs. Fantastic/that girl from the Incredibles movie.

Invisibility and the ability to project nearly invincible force fields: Because super strength and the ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound never prevented Superman from getting his ass shot on a regular basis. Come to think of it, neither did his super speed...

Then again, he was invincible and except for my ability to completely disappear or project invulnerable barriers between me and harm I'm still just Joe Nobody.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Imortality and inability to die all wrapped into one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd have the power to move through the internet and beat the crap out of the annoying people I meet on it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Psionic power.

I believe that's comic-book speak for Telekinesis/ie:  the force.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I picked "other"

I'd love the ability to "Not give a shit"
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#26]
If you were totally invisible - you'd also be blind.

The human eye needs light reflecting on to the retina to see.  the brain processes these relections into the sense of sight.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Other.

That healing thing wolverine could do. Getting old sucks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'd have the power to move through the internet and beat the crap out of the annoying people I meet on it.

It's the internet... there are wayyyy to many people who need a beating.  It'd be too much like a job.

Mind control powers would be my choice.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Telekinesis.
me on sofa: "Baby, can you get me a beer?"
wife: "No, I'm busy in the kitchen"
*Thunk*
me still on sofa opening beer as the remote is returning to the coffee table: "Thanks, honey"

This post is a jest.  It in no way condones violence against women or misuse of telekinetic powers.

I guess just getting the beer with your telekenetic powers would be too complicated?  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The human eye needs light reflecting on to the retina to see.  the brain processes these relections into the sense of sight.

Thanks for pissing in my froot loops.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#31]

The power to heal folks...profitable, and helps me live long enough to enjoy it, with the people I like.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Party pooper.  

That's why it's a super power.  All those little things are "taken care of".

Reminds me of something I read a couple of years ago postulating that if Superman ever had sex, he'd kill whoever he was with because of a certain involuntary muscular response.  He'd blast a hole right through them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I want the power to change my super power on a daily basis.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The power to heal folks...profitable, and helps me live long enough to enjoy it, with the people I like.

That's a damn good idea. I'm changing my answer!  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#35]
The power to slow / stop time.

I think I could do whatever I felt needed to be done to make my life <ETA: Ok, I suppose the world too > better with that superpower. No need to live forever, who wants to?

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Unlimited Ammo.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Not if you were invisible by means of bending light rays or something along those lines.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The power to slow / stop time.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#39]
other:

Immortality, eternal youth and health, + the ability to alter my appearance at will, and also the ability to kill myself should I tire of eternal life.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Other: The power to convert any type of energy to/from any type of matter faster than the speed of light.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Super Mind Powers...uhm yeah.

Telepathy...the ability to read a persons mind, what they were thinking right then and anything else that you may wish to know that's in there.  It would be an enormous advantage in almost any situation where you interact with others.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not if you were invisible by means of bending light rays or something along those lines.

Take what's behind you and project it in front of you ala The Predator.

You'd still be visible due to the fact that the difference in perspective caused by the width of the body would be apparent - also within that width of redirection you'd still be visible, so therefore, the individual isn't technically invisible - just concealed.

But nobody would call you The Concealable Man, they'd erroneously call you Invisible because it's just plain easier - and that would just drive me nuts.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#43]
I like the mind powers thing. You could have a lot of fun in Vegas with psychic powers
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Easily flight. I still frequently dream of being able to fly.

Strength woudl be sweet but it would probably get me in more trouble than anything else.

Invisibility... even more trouble.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Last weeks "which super power would you have" poll listed "super mind powers".

I'm going to stay with that answer.  

+1
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Take what's behind you and project it in front of you ala The Predator.

You'd still be visible due to the fact that the difference in perspective caused by the width of the body would be apparent - also within that width of redirection you'd still be visible, so therefore, the individual isn't technically invisible - just concealed.

But nobody would call you The Concealable Man, they'd erroneously call you Invisible because it's just plain easier - and that would just drive me nuts.

ok, make it invisible, but able to see through a sixth sense that reproduces your normal (non invisible) eyesight for you while you're invisible.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
ok, make it invisible, but able to see through a sixth sense that reproduces your normal (non invisible) eyesight for you while you're invisible.

Like an invisible "Daredevil"?  OMG!!!

Dude, sonar is clearly the answer to this.

I've been struggling with this for years!

Me so happy!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Other: The power to convert any type of energy to/from any type of matter faster than the speed of light.

Oh great, you're going to destroy the universe as we know it with matter-energy conversion, aren't you.

"Hey kids, watch what happens when I hit France with these steel ball bearings traveling at .8C!"
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Would flight require just as much effort as walking or running and go just as fast?

If so, most people who had it would still drive.

Would I get tired flying, just like running?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
gimme invisibility all day long.......

if i wanna fly, i can get on a plane...

if i need to lift something heavy, thank God for hydrolics...

Xray vision...i'll use an xray machine....

invisibility is the only "super power" we havent really achieved through technology (excluding stealth planes and such, but i'm talking REAL invisibility)

It would not surprise me if we had not figured this out already, but it is as classified as a project can get.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top