Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:27:01 AM EDT
Found on Lightfighter.net:

Senior General Is Relieved of Duties
By ROBERT BURNS, AP Military Writer 34 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The Army said Tuesday it relieved a four-star general of his command after an investigation into unspecified "personal conduct."

Gen. Kevin P. Byrnes was relieved as commander of U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command on Monday by Army Chief of Staff Gen. Peter Schoomaker, according to a brief statement issued by Army headquarters at the Pentagon.

Although disciplinary action against general officers is not uncommon, it is extremely rare for a four-star general to be relieved of command. He had held the position as commander of Training and Doctrine Command since November 2002. Before that he was director of the Army staff at Army headquarters in the Pentagon.

"The investigation upon which this relief is based is undergoing further review to determine the appropriate final disposition of this matter," the Army statement said.

The deputy commander of Training and Doctrine Command, Lt. Gen. Anthony R. Jones, has been designated the acting commander, following the action against Byrnes, said Army spokesman Paul Boyce.

The spokesman said it was an Army policy not to release information about specific allegations in an investigation of an Army officer.

In April the Pentagon announced that Lt. Gen. William Wallace had been nominated for a four star and assignment as commander of Training and Doctrine Command, to succeed Byrnes. There was no public indication at that time that Byrnes was under investigation.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#2]
wow any ideas on what he did?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Knowing todays Army, he probably didn't toe the PC line and said something bad about the ROP....
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Heh, he was in my chain of command in JROTC a year ago I've been affected!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:30:52 AM EDT
[#5]
yup.....i have a pretty good idea....

TRADOC........i.e. training commands.....basic training and AIT students.....female privates......

getting the picture??
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

TRADOC........i.e. training commands.....basic training and AIT students.....female privates......

getting the picture??

I disagree no way a general could be sneaking around basic training sites, a drill yes 4 star NO.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

getting the picture??

I disagree no way a general could be sneaking around basic training sites, a drill yes 4 star NO.

i dont know, wouldnt be so sure.  but who knows, thats just a guess, theres no telling what really happened.  hell, he coulda been messing w/ a pretty, young company XO or something...same result.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Dupe Try a search next time Its easier! http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=377814
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top