Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:11:36 AM EDT
I hope she can beat that dickweed Nelson.

Kate goes bigtime!

The Associated Press
Tuesday, August 9, 2005; 10:38 AM

SARASOTA, Fla. -- U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris began her campaign for Senate on Tuesday, hoping that she can convince voters there is more to her record than overseeing the disputed 2000 presidential election.

Nineteen months after declining to run for an open Senate seat while President Bush was on the ballot, Harris seeks to unseat incumbent Democrat Bill Nelson in a 2006 race that some Republicans say she can't win because independent and Democratic voters don't think much of her.

But she may have a clear shot at Nelson. No other Republicans have expressed a strong interest in running. Even with an opponent, she would be considered a favorite to win the nomination because of her high name recognition, ability to raise money and hero status among Republican voters who believe she helped preserve Bush's 537-vote victory when she oversaw five weeks of recounts as Florida secretary of state.

The recount, though, is the last thing Harris will want voters to focus on. Her campaign will begin with a five day listening tour across the state.

Harris, 48, served in the state Senate from 1994-1998 before being elected secretary of state. She was elected to her second term in Congress last year.

I love this woman.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope she does well.

Anymore pics?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I would vote for her just to piss DU off.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#3]
The RNC's really antsy about her running for Senate after getting a House seat just a few years ago.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#4]
She does look good!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#5]
The GOP owes her bigtime.  If it wasn't for her and a few thousand right minded Floridians, we'd have President Al Gore.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The GOP owes her bigtime.  If it wasn't for her and a few thousand right minded Floridians, we'd have President Al Gore.  

michellemalkin.com/archives/pictures/gore_dancing.jpg

All she did was her job and enforce election law as it's written.  She refused to let Gore and his lawyers change the rules to suit them (turns out it wouldn't have changed the outcome anyway).

For this, she'll be hated for the rest of her life by the Democrats.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Well then, that's all the reason I need to support her.  

CMOS  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I just hope her quest to become a senator doesn't result in her losing and risking giving her current seat to a democrat. That would suck doubly.

I dunno. I wish her well and all. But I just don't know if this decision was in the best interest of the party.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All she did was her job and enforce election law as it's written.  She refused to let Gore and his lawyers change the rules to suit them (turns out it wouldn't have changed the outcome anyway).

Oh, I agree, I'm just saying the GOP shouldn't treat her like a b***ard step child.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Is she MILF or what?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is she MILF or what?

She may have been a MILF, but she isn't one now and i'm not sure if she ever even gave birth.

She's got my vote, but she isn't perfect. Much better than Anti-RKBA, Vietnam Veteran Turned Hippy & Liberal Cock Smoker Bill Nelson.

He's a dickweed but I don't think the Floridian sheeple will get rid of him.

HS1

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

He created the internet.....but with all his intellegence he forgot his antipersprant!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Is she MILF or what?

I believe she is single.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#15]
There are stories in the paper down here saying the Fl GOP doesnt want her to run. They're afraid she's too polarizing.
If anyone can beat Nelson, I think it's her. The other names being bandied about, I dont even recognize.
Some guy tried to kill her last year with his car while she was campaigning for some else. Classic, peace loving, liberal.

Is this BOTD stuff?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn't mind being that saddle for a while
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I wouldn't mind being that saddle for a while

Bite your tongue!!! She's mine!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
...the Fl GOP doesnt want her to run. They're afraid she's too polarizing.

The GOP is afraid of polarizing the country??? Good one!!!

—Dan
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#19]
She will get $$$ from the GunLvr 2006 Senate Fund.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
She will get $$$ from the GunLvr 2006 Senate Fund.

Glad to hear it! I send money out of state as well to candidates I like. It get's me a LOT of mail solicitations though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
There are stories in the paper down here saying the Fl GOP doesnt want her to run. They're afraid she's too polarizing.
If anyone can beat Nelson, I think it's her. The other names being bandied about, I dont even recognize.
Some guy tried to kill her last year with his car while she was campaigning for some else. Classic, peace loving, liberal.

www.newstalk1220.com/photos/guests/filmfest_robynkatherineharrisrobyncamera2.jpg

Is this BOTD stuff?

Mother-Daughter combo???
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Her signature is on my CCW permit

(I think...Ill have to look)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top