Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 6:47:18 AM EDT
we were talking up at work about drafting programs like Autocad back in the early to mid 80's
mostly the old green CRTs and how they screwed up you eyes so that everything looked pink.
then the amber monitors came out and everybody loved them.

can you make a regular color computer monitor look like an old green or Amber one.
i tried messing with the desk top settings and i can't quite get the vibrant black and color "pop" of the old monitors

thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#1]
DOS was/ is the only thing I know where you can change it to make it look old school.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
DOS was/ is the only thing I know where you can change it to make it look old school.

Maybe a system with an old video card that supports 4 colors - Black white gray and amber?  It could be done on my 1990s vintage Mac IIsi.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Can you still get high-resolution monochrome monitors anywhere?

Perhaps a second video card and a second monitor...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top