Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 6:11:27 AM EDT

She is off of work today so I plan on going home and taking her to lunch this afternoon, but can any of you think of anything clever to do additionally to make it uber special?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:29:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Tell her you didn't forget the occasion... your phone bill is due

I don't know other than the traditional suggestion of flowers etc... Take her shooting?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:30:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations!  (Y'all got married on my birthday, BTW. )
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:33:50 AM EDT
[#3]
You may want to ask over in the Women's Forum.  I bet they have a TON of ideas.

I shoulda done that back in December....
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Flower and card even if its one flower and a birthday card.

Dinner out or Cook for her.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Take her to Krystal's and splurge for a bottle of MD 20/20.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#6]
New vacuum cleaner?  

My father-in-law did that one year for the mother-in-law.  She was pissed, to say the least.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:36:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Sausage Pizza.  (google)  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:37:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Take her to Krystal's and splurge for a bottle of MD 20/20 Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.

Fixed it for ya....
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Take her to the range.  Wait.... if I remember your previous posts, she goes and reads, right?

I guess I have no helpful ideas.

Congratulations, though
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:41:09 AM EDT
[#10]
start planning the divorce
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Way to wait til the last minute, dumbass. Sorry.
I've BTDT plenty of times too.

Now, for all you students of marriage, find a woman who makes cakes.  Especially wedding cakes.
She will usually do them for very cheap. ($20 is average).
I got my wife an 8 inch circular layered cake for her birthday last month.  
All I told the lady was "make it really nice, with flowers or something"
She made a cake that impressed even an emotionless prick like myself.
It looked like a woven basket on the sides, and was covered on top with huge flowers.
My wife liked the cake more than her birthday present, which cost a lot more than the cake.

Another time this worked well was our 1st anniversary.  We had our cake top from the wedding, and were planning to put it in the freezer, but left for our honeymoon, and left it on the counter.  So I had a picture from the wedding, and gave it to the cake lady.  She made one exactly like our original.  My wife was actually crying when she saw it.

Now, BeetleBailey, since you are short on time, stop at Meijer, or Kroger, or a Bakery, and see if they can't whip something up by tonight, with just some words on top.  It will work almost as well. A Dairy Queen frozen cake could work too.

Then, pick up some flowers (my wife likes carnations better than roses, and they are cheaper than roses, too) and pick up some massage oil and a card.  Tell her you are devoting the entire evening to her.  Make her dinner. Do the dishes. Give her a massage, etc...

This will mean more to her than any expensive gift.
You can thank me tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Congratulations!  (Y'all got married on my birthday, BTW. )

Happy birthday!  We still on for Thurs?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:58:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Take her to the range.  Wait.... if I remember your previous posts, she goes and reads, right?

I guess I have no helpful ideas.

Congratulations, though

you are very perceptive!

great advice, Leisure Shoot, thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:06:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Thanks!  Yes - but it's next Thursday (the 18th), not this Thursday (and I think Mike is joining us, even though we're going to Milo's ).
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!  Yes - but it's next Thursday (the 18th), not this Thursday (and I think Mike is joining us, even though we're going to Milo's ).

oh!  Holy crap, next Thursday.  I thought it was this Thurs
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
She is off of work today so I plan on going home and taking her to lunch this afternoon, but can any of you think of anything clever to do additionally to make it uber special?

Uber special, huh?

Try setting up a game camera in the bathroom tonight.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't mention guns or ammo for the whole day.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Don't mention guns or ammo for the whole day.

too late
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:29:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Draw down on her, then yell "HA! just kidding honey!" and hand her the diamonds?        
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Draw down on her, then yell "HA! just kidding honey!" and hand her the diamonds?        

but we don't have a car wash around
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Call in sick for the rest of the week and go camping.  Or if you can't call in sick all week wait until Friday both of you call in sick and go camping.  Nothing is better than getting away together for a weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top