Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 9:13:44 PM EDT
Does anyone know why they are operating in Vermont?

It's not like we have a lot of illegals coming over that border.

Any input?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Im guessing there could be a problem with drugs coming across there not illegals
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Any input?

Actually, there are quite a number of Jihadists / OTMs coming across our northern border. Not to leave out kids covered in blood bearing gory chainsaws. And would-be Millenium bombers.
It's also an issue of local volunteers / interest.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any input?

Actually, there are quite a number of Jihadists / OTMs coming across our northern border. Not to leave out kids covered in blood bearing gory chainsaws. And would-be Millenium bombers.
It's also an issue of local volunteers / interest.

I like your idea.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:45:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Someone has to keep Johnny Canuck out
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Can not call them Hispanic racisits effectively if they are patrolling the Southern and Northern border.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:18:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Someone has to keep Johnny Canuck Striker out

Needed to clarify that....
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:19:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Someone has to keep Johnny Canuck Striker out

Needed to clarify that....

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:54:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Two different sets of issues.  One is stopping them at the border, another is calling out employers who hire them once they are here.  

Illegal immigration is more than a border state issue.  Hell, we're getting them everywhere here in Newport News, VA.  (of course, the Indians would say it's been a problem in this area since 1607
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#10]
White Supremacist groups, have been trying to change their image and make their veiws more paletable, since David Duke traded in his hood and cloak, for a business suit and neck tie.

Your average White Supremacist today, does not look like the brown shirted Illinous or Hayden Lake Nazi costumed clowns, of the 70's and 80's. Nor, is he covered in easily recognizable Ayran Nations swastika tattoo's. Instead, they have morphed and many of them are hanging out, on the gun, patriot and libertarian internet boards with you, right now... and they've got something, they want to sell you, called the "Minute Man Project"

After infiltrating and subverting the Militia and Patriot movements in the United States, proved less successfu, than they had hoped, in bringing about, a more general public acceptance of their now toned down and camoflaged agenda. White Supremacist Groups finaly found a issue, with some public support traction, in the border and illegal imigration issue...and the recruiting business is good for them right now.

I support doing something about the borders. I really do, but there are far to many connections between the Minute Man Project, the National Alliance and other White Supremacist organizations and their hangers on, for me, to ever be comfortable even considering joining.

When I read reports, that people from the same white supremacist nest of vipers, located at Elohim City Oklahoma, that gave us Tim McViegh, Andreas Strassmier (AKA Andy the German) and Richard Wayne Snell are involved with "The Minute Man Project". It turns me away from having anything to do with them immediatly

It is not always wise to hitch your star, to every internet gun web cause celeb, that comes down the pike. Often the people pulling the strings, back in the shadows, are not who you would imagine or wish them to be....no matter how sweet, sensable and patriotic, their new line of bullshit seems to be on the surface.

Sorry....to many questionable characters involved in the Minutemen, for me to ever want to get anywhere near them.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
White Supremacist groups, have been trying to change their image and make their veiws more paletable, since David Duke traded in his hood and cloak, for a business suit and neck tie.

Your average White Supremacist today, does not look like the brown shirted Illinous or Hayden Lake Nazi costumed clowns, of the 70's and 80's. Nor, is he covered in easily recognizable Ayran Nations swastika tattoo's. Instead, they have morphed and many of them are hanging out, on the gun, patriot and libertarian internet boards with you, right now... and they've got something, they want to sell you, called the "Minute Man Project"

After infiltrating and subverting the Militia and Patriot movements in the United States, proved less successfu, than they had hoped, in bringing about, a more general public acceptance of their now toned down and camoflaged agenda. White Supremacist Groups finaly found a issue, with some public support traction, in the border and illegal imigration issue...and the recruiting business is good for them right now.

I support doing something about the borders. I really do, but there are far to many connections between the Minute Man Project, the National Alliance and other White Supremacist organizations and their hangers on, for me, to ever be comfortable even considering joining.

When I read reports, that people from the same white supremacist nest of vipers, located at Elohim City Oklahoma, that gave us Tim McViegh, Andreas Strassmier (AKA Andy the German) and Richard Wayne Snell are involved with "The Minute Man Project". It turns me away from having anything to do with them immediatly

It is not always wise to hitch your star, to every internet gun web cause celeb, that comes down the pike. Often the people pulling the strings, back in the shadows, are not who you would imagine or wish them to be....no matter how sweet, sensable and patriotic, their new line of bullshit seems to be on the surface.

Sorry....to many questionable characters involved in the Minutemen, for me to ever want to get anywhere near them.

If true, you make a valid point. Do you have any articles, from a credible source, showing a link between the WSM and the Minute Men campaign?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If true, you make a valid point. Do you have any articles, from a credible source, showing a link between the WSM and the Minute Men campaign?

I agree, with a statement like that, it would really be apprecited if you could be more specific.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

except that the minutemen have been giving illegals food/water etc and even the ACLU couldn't find any fault with them. that's hardly the bevavior of a group of sheet-wearing klansmen.
how about you give us some specific examples instead of just  reciting a bunch of DU talking points.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Same reason they are preparing to mount volunteers here in Maine & other northern border states...
Two of the 9/11 hijackers came across the Canadian/ Maine border and stayed overnight right here in Portland Maine, and opened a bank account at Key Bank, etc. etc.

Canadians let anyone into their country, and the borders between Canada / U.S. are easier to cross than any other border areas.
In Maine alone there are over 100 roads that cross the border that have no guards, not counting the lakes, rivers, vast forests, etc.
Just imagine how many other roads there are like this along the U.S. / Canadian border.

I worked in a vast forest area in northern Maine, as a Maine guide, and I know of many places I could cross over into Canada, with my four wheel drive, and never be noticed at all.
Kind of scary if you ask me.  I love our country, and I love the people in our country.
I think we should all be doing whatever we can to protect our great nation from those who wish to do us harm.

Let's kick some illegal immigrant/terrorist ass!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Read a week or two ago that the leader of the Texas chapter resigned.  He was concerned about raciest members within the group in Texas

linky to article
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I spent time watching the border with the Minutemen and found zero evidence of anything said above.  Many of the people I was with were LEOs/military...or previously served.   Likewise, I spent many more days assisting in the administrative office and again I found zero evidence of such behavior.  In fact, I found the opposite and watched as a couple of would-be volunteers were turned away due to a remark or two that they made.  None of that was tolerated at all.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

---------------
You don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about, nor the intestinal fortitude to stand a post in defense of your own country, armed or not. It is just as well that you stay away,you'd only hinder operations anyway.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Any input?

-----------------------------------------
What do you call " a lot" ?

Almost 5000 illegal trespassers last year alone via the Canadian border..........is that enough reason? All it will take is one with intent to do real harm to this country(which has already happened).

The entire border, both north and south should be protected and gov.org is dropping the ball.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Man you make a shit load of accusations, but don't provide any proof? Got anything to back that up with??

I know folks who took part in the MM project in AZ and were and still are part of Chris Simcox's Civil Homeland Defense group before the MM project even was a thought, racist they are not. Pissed off about the lack of border enforcment is more like it, and a tame way of putting it.
Believe what you will, I won't dicount that some racists would be drawn to the project but the MM project itself is NOT some front for racist groups.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Read a week or two ago that the leader of the Texas chapter resigned.  He was concerned about raciest members within the group in Texas

linky to article

Thanks for the artical, to bad the guy quit instead of handleing the issue and booting the offending people out of the group. Seems he was in a position to do just that as well. Perhaps he should ahve stayed nd made a diferance. It also seems that the problems were with people who were not from the area originaly, which can make for some rather not fun issues.....

But one incident does not the whole group make.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top