Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 8:13:26 PM EDT
Ran into a left-handed shooter at the range Friday and I thought there was a forum here for that stuff.  He said he like to have an AR-15 if they made them left-handed.  I told him to look here at AR-15.com and he should be able to find some info.  Looks like I told him a fib.  

I thought I saw a section on left handed actions weapons.  I thought for sure I saw left-handed uppers for sale here.  

Thought I read a whole info posting of what needs to be changed to make a left- handed AR-15.

Must have been dreaming.

Also 135 pages in the general forum, is there some way to sort the topics or search them?
hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Paying members get search.

There is such a thing as a left handed AR15 though. Although I don't think there's a particular section for it. There'll probably be a link posted by the time I finish typing this. If not, fairly soon I'm sure.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
$24
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a lefty and I don't really understand the need.  Never had a problem with the setup on my AR.  

Now the folding stock on my Winchester 1300 is something different.  Didn't notice till the first time I shot it that the hinge for the stock is on the right side, which means I make my check weld just barely behind it.  If you're in a hurry and shoulder that shotgun too fast and pull the trigger, that hinge will slam into your check bone and rattle your teeth like a heavy weight boxer

EPOCH
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#4]
God, you HR DR PAY FOR THE MEMBERSHIP Nazis fucking suck.

Here's some helpful information!

Stag Arms (they have a linkbutton at the top of the page! How's that for service!) makes a lefty AR upper. Link: www.stagarms.com/upperhalves.htm

They also carry complete rifles.
www.stagarms.com/leftyrifles.html

They're not cheap, but I think that these lefty rifles are cool as hell, an idea whose implimentation is several decades past due.

Happy shooting, amigo
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Stag Arms sells left handed AR15s and DPMS also sells left handed uppers. Check them out! Thanks Arvin

Linky!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I too am a southpaw and use a regular config ar15 with no problem personally I think it would feel weird if I shot a lefty AR after using right hand weapons I would like a lefty pistol however like
a beretta or HK hinking.gif might trade my glock 23 and sig226 in on them
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info and all the fast replys.  

By the way MeanSteve they ain't got no Nazis here in AR,  just the hooded boys.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Stag Arms

As an oppressed left-handed individual I say it's time to set my people free!!!!!

From the begining of time my peoples have been oppressed,  beat'n from villages,  left hands cut off,  condemed as devils,  made to write upside down,  made to play first base or pitch,  never allowed to catch,  forced to catch hot brass down the shirt,  or get blistered forearms.  It's time to take a stand against Righty...Damn the Man
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:58:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm ambidextrous. You and your guns are all my bitches!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, that's sig line material right there. I don't hand that stuff out on a daily basis, ya know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top