Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 7:50:21 PM EDT
I'll give you the shortened version.

I had an 04 Ford F150 that was a big steaming pile o' crap.  Ford replaced it without me taking them to court or anything like that.  Ford also agreed to transfer my aftermarket parts to the new vehicle (05 F150).  The settlement paperwork says, "any accessories that can't be x-ferred will be added by the dealer."

So, to the problem.  My exhaust system was welded on.  This can't be x-ferred.  Dealer says go get a quote.  I get a quote for $1465.  This is way more than I'd pay but we're in Maryland so whatever.  Take the quote to the dealer and they say okey dokey, order it and have the parts place call for a purchase order.

Fast forward about a month after I wait for the backordered exhaust.  Install on Saturday.  Dealer calls today while I'm at work and says the parts place upped the price to like $1700 and I'm responsible for the difference.

How about no?  I ain't paying.  I don't see how I'm responsible for that.  IMHO, that's between the store and the dealer.  Am I wrong?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top