Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 7:05:18 PM EDT
What's best to use? I've got a rectangular section that is filled with all kinds and sizes of plants that I need to get rid of at least somewhat permanently.

I'd like to take the old fashion Roman way of sowing salt, but I think the city might not like that...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Be sure that you want it all dead because this will surely do it.
I use it about once a year in rock bed around the outside AC units/pads.  NOTHING grows there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Lockedon there is a generic round up available now that is about 1/4 the price of round up and it works just as well.  You can also use Landmaster mixed with 2% liquid fertilizer for a good long term kill.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
agent orange...........best defoliant there is, and the only sure fire way to get rid of it
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure if it's still available or not but when I was running my own Lawn Maintenance/Landscape business and laying down a rock lawn I treated the ground with a product called Trioxin.  Ground treated with that chemical cocktail was rendered sterile and incapable of supporting plant life for a minimum of 10 years.

For a less lengthy effect I used RoundUp and treated the ground with Surflan annualy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Flame Thrower....no really...!!

Besides it could have some tactical uses...

www.flameengineering.com/Weed_Dragon.html

There's some bigger ones available on the page.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/265900_front200.jpg

Be sure that you want it all dead because this will surely do it.
I use it about once a year in rock bed around the outside AC units/pads.  NOTHING grows there.

+1  I used that near where i was preparing to build a fence a few weeks ago, and it killed absolutely everything.  It even accidentally killed some of my neighbors shrubs. (oops)  she didnt notice though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top