Inspired by this thread.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]
With some Due Process, I'm 100% certain the answer is YES
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
With some Due Process, I'm 100% certain the answer is YES

In the back of my mind I felt it would be that way.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course the US would they still have the image of a .gov that is not 100% corrupt.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
What would the ruling be if someone else committed this capital crime for you in another country, and yet you never set foot in that country?

I'd think it'd be almost impossible to get an American charged if the crime were committed by a local in that country FOR the U.S. citizen.....could/would be very difficult to prove.

HH

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What would the ruling be if someone else committed this capital crime for you in another country, and yet you never set foot in that country?

I'd think it'd be almost impossible to get an American charged if the crime were committed by a local in that country FOR the U.S. citizen.....could/would be very difficult to prove.

HH

Good point.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Only if they found out you did it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]
We have, we will, and we're about to again. Charming little fellow from south of the border that murdered his neighbor in an argument about some goats, then fled to El Norte.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

HH

So, for all of you armchair ARFCOM legal eagles, is it OK to buy a hit on a foreign leader?

CW
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think Mexico actually has a death penalty, which is why they will not extradite to us if the criminal may face life in prison w/o parole or death.

What and enlightened country.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#11]
what if i was on us soil and shot him over the river while he was on mexican soil?  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like the US will turn anyone over.......Citizen or not
(oops, thats IF they don't think they will be tortured)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top