Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 2:52:29 PM EDT
I drive a Jeep Wrangler soft-top. Lately I've been tiring of not being able to talk or listen to music at highway speeds. It can get real old on longer drives. Lately I've found myself oogling Toyota Tacomas and Chevy Silverados (Yes, I know, different classes of trucks, but I like those two). Me want. However, I DO love the Jeep when it's a nice day with the top down and doors off. Anyone want to buy me a truck?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
If you buy me a membership sure! Wait, already got it coming

Should have taken advantage of the 'employee pricing'
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
What do I get out of this deal?  

Buy a Ford.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What do I get out of this deal?  

Buy a Ford.

The new F-150s are pretty nice, though I think I like the Chevy better. Then again, never driven a F-150.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Does Wrangler make a hard top that will fit your Jeep?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a hard top for jeep.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Does Wrangler make a hard top that will fit your Jeep?

They do, but they're not all that effective, that and I lose the convertible option (kind of a pain to remove the hard-top).
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I drive a Jeep Wrangler soft-top. Lately I've been tiring of not being able to talk or listen to music at highway speeds. It can get real old on longer drives. Lately I've found myself oogling Toyota Tacomas and Chevy Silverados (Yes, I know, different classes of trucks, but I like those two). Me want. However, I DO love the Jeep when it's a nice day with the top down and doors off. Anyone want to buy me a truck?

I drive a '97 TJ, and I'm having the same lusts for a Tacoma, too.  I wouldn't touch the smaller Fords or Chevy trucks, but I would get a Sierra or Silverado.

All in all, I still would rather drive my Jeep than anything else on the road....in fact, if someone gave me $50,000 to buy another vehicle, I'd keep my Jeep, buy a Rubicon with a HT and pocket the rest.

HH
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I drive a '97 TJ, and I'm having the same lusts for a Tacoma, too.  I wouldn't touch the smaller Fords or Chevy trucks, but I would get a Sierra or Silverado.

Ok, so it's not just me. Tacoma is a nice looking truck. I'll hang with the Jeep some more and make sure it's not a "phase". I mean, I do love it, but it can get on my nerves at times.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Change your tires to street tires.

And a hardtop with steel doors does cut down a lot on noise. Also you can get a winch to take the top off.

My set up was summer time no top, winter time hard top
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Get a Bestop sailcloth replacement top, even quieter than a hard top, works great for me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Get a Bestop sailcloth replacement top, even quieter than a hard top, works great for me.

Interesting.....

Sailcloth Replace-a-top: Get ready to read this twice: at highway speeds, the Sailcloth Replace-a-top is quieter than a factory hardtop. That¹s right, quieter than a factory hardtop! That¹s not just an improvement, it is a miracle!

The secret lies in the unique multi-ply Sailcloth fabric. Each ply plays a different role, but together they reflect road sounds, absorb wind noise, and prevent buffeting to create a silencing effect that absolutely must be heard to be believed.

In addition, the beefier Sailcloth fabric resists temperature-induced shrinkage, making cold-weather installations much easier. It also shows fewer waves and wrinkles than conventional tops and cleans more easily to help make your rig look really sharp! If your Jeep® deserves the absolute best top on the market, or if you are tired of getting 'beat up' behind the wheel, you must experience the Sailcloth revolution! Replace-a-top is a trademark of Bestop, Inc. Jeep® is a registered trademark of Daimler-Chrysler.

HH
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Reaaaally? I may have to check this out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reaaaally? I may have to check this out.

Check here:

www.acmejeepparts.com/cgi-bin/sgin0102.exe?T1=11132+217+07&UID=2005080818555418&UREQA=1&UREQB=2&FNM=00

HH
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#14]
04 wrangler soft top...I love the jeep..but I also love my 99 silverado...jeeps suck for daily drivers...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top