Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 12:58:44 PM EDT
I have a nice collecton now and I want to protect it more than just a safe. Where should I look for insurance for my guns.

Thanks, slug-O
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I got an extra part on my renters insurance due to not being covered after 3 grand.  State Farm offered it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag, as I need insurance as well.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#3]
My home insurance (USAA) covers my firearms. Not sure if it applies to loss or damage incurred outside the home though.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#4]
NRA Memebship Benifits........
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
NRA Memebship Benifits........

+1
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#6]
You need to go through the NRA program it is truley the best way.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Contact the NRA.

It's the best.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a rider on my homeowner's policy that covers my guns.  No problemo.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Contact the NRA.

It's the best.

+1

They will cover optics and other accoutrements, but, only if attached to a covered firearm at the time of loss.  Ask about this.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Same here.  I found that a firearms rider on my Farmers Homeowners Insurance was less expensive than getting it from the NRA.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I got an extra part on my renters insurance due to not being covered after 3 grand.  State Farm offered it.

So State Farm is cool towards gun owners?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.  I found that a firearms rider on my Farmers Homeowners Insurance was less expensive than getting it from the NRA.

If your policy works for you, good.  Many do not work for insureds because they have rather low loss limits, or because they require that the insured must disclose serial numbers and other identifying information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top