Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 11:08:31 AM EDT
I just bought A Sig P228 Via Gunbroker.  I have always been a big fan of the P228 hence my Misspelled username.  There is a story behind it.  My FFL called me today and told me that it finally arrived.  He told me that the gun looks like crap but it is mechanically sound.  Now I am not worried about the finish, I am having a Two Tone conversion done anyways.  My problem is that my gun came with a Free T-shirt.  Now I like free stuff as much as the next guy but the problem is the gun came to me in the shipping box wrapped in a T-shirt.  The auction clearly states that it comes with a Hard case.  Should I send this guy an e-mail asking where is the hard case or should I leave negative feedback or should I just let it slide? What do you guys think?  

You can view the Auction HERE

I sent him this E-mail

Dear Sir,

I am sorry I have to bother you one last time.  My FFL received the Sig P228 today, he said it looks like a used Sig which is what I bought mechanically sound but the finish is worn, the finish doesn't concern me and I look forward to many trouble free years with this SIG P228.  My only question is that in your Auction you said that the SIG would come in a hard case and that is M.I.A.  Could you please send me an e-mail and let me know if you just forgot to send it.  I would like to leave you some positive feedback and I would love to work something out with you about this.  

Straight from the AUCTION

This has been a great shooter, but I have to sell due to lost job. Pistol comes with night sights, two factory 10 round mags and hard case. Trigger is excellent. Pictures will follow. THanks.

Please contact me

Respectfully,

Nicholas
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you get all the other stuff it said it would come with?

And yeah ask him where the case is man.  I don't think I would use a case, but it’s the principal of it, he said there would be a case, so there should have been a case.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#2]
ask him first before busting his balls in feedback.  He may go "Oh, crap, I forgot lemme mail it to you today."
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ask him first before busting his balls in feedback.  He may go "Oh, crap, I forgot lemme mail it to you today."

+1
I've always been a fan of the "give the person a chance" idea. If he blows you off, stick it to him.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I think your gonna find that you have had a bait and switch pulled on you. Sory bro. The gun in the auction pic did not look like shit.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think your gonna find that you have had a bait and switch pulled on you. Sory bro. The gun in the auction pic did not look like shit.

This finish doesn't concern me at all my plans were to end up with a Tu-Tone conversion anyways.  As matter of Fact it will be done by the time I pick the Pistol up on Friday anyways.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Have you been able to verify that the gun in the picture is the same gun you got?  If it is then he may have forgotten the case.  But if it's a different gun then he is trying to pull a fast one on you and needs to be busted for it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#7]
You paid for it. I would ask.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Everything has been taken care of I can now vouch for CalRifleman he is an excellent guy and everything has been taken care of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top