Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 8:46:14 AM EDT
Just realized that some forms I need to turn in today need to be notarized.   Where do you find a local public notary.  Looking at the phone book right now and not seeing much, what do you look under?

EPOCH, in dallas
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Call your bank, they usually have one.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Kharn

That's the sure place to find one, but you can also try a real estate office, car lot, you name it. I've been fortunate to have NPs working at the last couple of jobs I've had. Convenient.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Kharn

That would be perfect, need to a certified check from them today anyway.   Just noticed that my rental application for a new townhome needs to be notarized
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Bank, town/city hall, some mail box type places have them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I really question the need for "Notarized" documants. It's basically meaningless. All the Notary is certifying is that the person who is signing the document has produced identification indicating that he is who he says he is. It has absolutely no bearing on the truth or legitimacy of anything in, on or about the document.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Bank, AAA office, investment office (schwab, scottrade, etc have em).
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:05:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Swing by my office, I'll take care of ya!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Mailboxes Etc usually has a notary.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

All of the Mailboxes, Etc. stores in my area are now called "The UPS Store", but same same.

If I need a notary, that's where I go.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#12]
In Texas, Notaries can usually be found in the Banks, law offices, at Police Department offices (most of the records clerks are Notaries), and occasionally Police Supervisors, though fewer and fewer are notaries these days because any Peace Officer in Texas can take sworn documents now, and no longer need to find a notary to do an affidavit or sworn statement.

Court clerks and judges (like your local JP) can also do sworn documents in Texas.

Almost all banks in Texas have a notary though, and usually provide notarizing as a free service to account holders. That is probably your quickest and easiest route.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top