Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 4:07:41 AM EDT
If this is a dupe then educate me on how I ascertain that without reading every single topic. I did a search for key words and came up empty.

This was emailed by a friend who said he was told it was Robin Williams's peace plan. If it is, I surprised. Regardless, I like it.

I really don't think it's Robin Williams but it's all over the net:

Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan... what we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan...(Hard to argue with this logic!)...

I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one:

1. The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega, Milosovich and the rest of those 'good ole boys.' We will never "interfere" again.

2. We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the fence.

3. All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. France would welcome them.

4. All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5. No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6. The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy-wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7. Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8. If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9. Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10. All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE!

Now, ain't that a winner of a plan.

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me!!?'"

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:09:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:13:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Wonder what it feels like to get that high?

The drawback... of course... is stupid shit like that exiting your mouth.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:15:19 AM EDT
[#3]
isn't this on snopes?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:16:13 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a good plan for the naive and ethnocentric.

But if you think America would be a safe place for your kids in 25 years you'd be dead wrong.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Like I said, I don't believe it came from Robin Williams and it's hardly serious. That kind of isolationism would put Walmart out of business .

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:21:12 AM EDT
[#6]

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me!!?'"

I don't know if those are his exact words, but I saw one of his stand up shows, and he said that as part of the show when he was talkin about 9/11.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:26:41 AM EDT
[#7]
It's from his HBO comedy special.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:34:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well that explains it....thanks!

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:39:52 AM EDT
[#9]
It's bogus.

Snopes is your friend.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/williams.asp
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:40:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Snopes is your friend.

From Snopes:  " We don't know who is responsible for the piece quoted above, but it definitely wasn't acto/comedian Robin Williams (of Mork & Mindy television fame). This item's debut appears to have been a 20 March 2003 posting to the USENET newsgroup alt.motorcycles.harley, and from there it was rapidly disseminated via e-mail and blogs, credited to either "author unknown" or no one at all. The Robin Williams attribution wasn't tacked on until several weeks later, apparently because along the way the eleventh entry was dropped and a genuine Robin Williams quote appended in its place:
"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?'" — Robin Williams.
The 'Robin Williams' attribution for the final item was interpreted as applying to the list as a whole, so now the entire piece circulates as 'the Robin Williams plan.' "

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That must have been interesting....
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's hilarious, nothing like his movies.  Definitely worth seeing if you get the opportunity.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Robin Williams has never been funny.

There. I said it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Robin Williams has never been funny.

There. I said it.

Some say a giant mothership from an alien planet is going to carry them off to paradise too.

Robin Williams is hilarious.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#15]
We had a fair few entertainers come visit us in Iraq. The one that everyone tried their damndest to see was Robin Williams, and he was a riot on the stage, had us in stitches.

One of my platoon-mates ran into him at the Shannon Stopover. He was visibly shattered from all his travelling, but still had enough in him to pose for photos and crack jokes with the troops that mobbed him.

He made a small part of my time in Iraq a lot more liveable. (Plus I have the HBO special on DVD, so that also passed the time). For that I extend to him my gratitude.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Peace through superior firepower!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Sarcasm!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep, I've seen it before, but don't sweat it.

Quoted:
If this is a dupe then educate me on how I ascertain that without reading every single topic.

You won't be able to do that until people start putting useful titles on the threads they start. It's hard to search for specific things when you've got thread titles like "So, there I was.." "Hey!", and "Guess what?".

Also, personally as a general rule I run everything like that through Snopes first.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's hilarious, nothing like his movies.  Definitely worth seeing if you get the opportunity.

Actually it's not. And it's not George Carlin either.

It is a decent rant that has been various attributed to both in one form or another.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#20]
super duper 2001 dupe!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Butthead: You ever notice how Robin Williams isn't very funny?

Beavis: Yeah, yeah, he like talks really fast.

Butthead: Uhhhhhhhhhh, yeah. He like uhhhhh, talks fast and stuff so uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you really don't notice that he's not very funny. Uh huh huh huh huh.

Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! He talks fast so you don't notice how bad he sucks! He sucks! He sucks!

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top