Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 7:37:56 PM EDT
Here is the price tag for not enforcing our border laws.usgovinfo.about.com/od/immigrationnaturalizatio/a/caillegals.htm
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't Californians fix their problem a few years ago. Prop 287(something like that) just to be ruled un Constitutional.

They tried.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#4]
If California got rid of illegals, who would be left to re-elect democrat politicians?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Prop. 187 was overwhelming passed by the voters and then ruled un-Constitutional by the courts.

Your right I remember that. Damn shame when the courts outvote the people.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Prop. 187 was overwhelming passed by the voters and then ruled un-Constitutional by the courts.

If you give the people the right to vote themselves a free lunch they will do it untill there is nothing left. Just ask the athenians.

I dont necessarily think that SCOTUS' decison was right, but it is something to think about.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you give the people the right to vote themselves a free lunch they will do it untill there is nothing left. Just ask the athenians.

I dont necessarily think that SCOTUS' decison was right, but it is something to think about.

I think the courts have already established the fact that free lunches are legal in this country.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:48:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Kill all the muslim mexicans!!!

Uh, err, did I get that right?

CW
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the courts have already established the fact that free lunches are legal in this country.

I have to agree with you there. I hate any kind of new social program or type of state sponsored welfare, as once it is given out the people will not give it up.

Just look at germanys situation right now. From what I have read they are in the situation our social security is said to be headed towards about 20 years from now. Not a place I would like to be.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AZ prop 200 learned from the CA mistake and wrote a "Constitutional" law
now maybe the other states can follow suit(including CA)
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Here is the price tag for not enforcing our border laws.usgovinfo.about.com/od/immigrationnaturalizatio/a/caillegals.htm

So what would be the cost of enforcing them? You know, just so we could compare.

I asked that question in another thread and never got an answer.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what would be the cost of enforcing them? You know, just so we could compare.

I asked that question in another thread and never got an answer.

One hell of lot less than 11.5 billion dollars.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top