Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 6:46:45 PM EDT
I just checked my online statement and for some reason my insurance payment is on there twice, on two separate days. I checked my insurance online and it only shows one payment. I called the bank. They said they had no explanation for it and that "it might just dissapear in a few days, call back Tuesday". So what do I do know? Wait till Tuesday and just see if it will magically dissapear?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
bank of america?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had it happen once.

Got double charged on a purchase from a Canadian company using my debit card. I was charged the amount of the sale in Canadian, and then again in American dollars. Ended up over drawing my account and causeing all sorts of issues.

Called my bank first thing on monday and they cleared it all up, and covered all the returned checks as well as any fees.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Happened to me last week.  Napa auto parts charged me two times for the same transaction.  Caused several checks to bounce...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Make a formal report and complaint pronto, or you may lose rights.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
bank of america?

Yep and 21st insurance...The guy at BOFA said I couldn't do anything about it until Tuesday
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#6]
One was in presentments and had not dropped off, it will come off. If not  just request an "unauthorized ach" form, the bank has to put the money back in your account.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a 2400 dollar hold go on twice when I deposited my first federal check this year.  Got me over 8000 dollars over drawn with fees on paper.  When they finally fixed it I had 3 grand in the band.  Fuckers.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Our bank has actually had double-posting issues that have absolutely nothing to do with the companies themselves.  The transactions automatically reverse themselves when the glitch is fixed, I believe any overdraft fees incurred did so as well.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a purchase from Best Buy post twice for the exact same amount and at the exact same time. Wells Fargo just took my word for it and put the money back. No hassles at all. Even thought it was for a $2,300 LCD tv.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Morons and banks, goes together like beer and pretzels.

Ever have a SAVINGS account overdrawn?  The geniuses at United Bank in Grand Junction managed to take one $1500 withdrawl and do it twice causing an overdraft.  Don't know if Useless Bankers are in business any more.  Finally got them to put the money back.  Then I closed the account.

Unexplained $180 deduction to my checking account at a B of A branch in Mesa, AZ.  It happened at a Bunch of Assholes bank in Delray Beach that coincidentally occurred when I was travelling in West Palm Beach.  I asked for a statement or anything that showed I made the withdrawl.  They could not show it.  It took them 6 weeks to admit they made the mistake and credit the account.  Then I closed the account.

The latest incident was with USBank, the issuer of my credit card.  I tried to do an online transaction that required the ZIP CODE of the billing address to be used.  Transaction denied, they said it did not match.  I call USBungle.  They said the billing address had been changed.  By who, I ask.  We can't tell you for security reasons.  I think there was identity theft, so the account was closed.  In the course of doing the account re-activation, one of the morons accidently let out that the address change was in the Mesa, AZ.  I ask them again for the changed address, "we can't do that, it is against security regulations".  I ask if the changed address was such and such, in Mesa (which was my FORMER address).  They said yes, and I ask why did you *&((*#* MORONS  change my billing address back to the old address?  I don't know (said in that insipid whining voice of the banking moron), was the answer.  This account will be closed soon.

I don't have time to relate the time I got to deal with getting money from a failed bank in CO.  Some where I have a photo of the check I got from the Resolution Trust Corporation.

The moral of this story boys and girls is to really screw something up you need a bank + a computer + a moron.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I paid my wifes American Express card for work once.
$4500.
My wife saw that it was not paid, so she paid it that same day.
She never, never, never pays any bills. Except just that one time.
I had to transfer the money out of our checking account, and savings account so that Bank One would not process it, and American Express would not get $9000.  (which they would not return, even though she would have a $4500 positive balance)
It cost me $25 in overdraft fees, but was worth it.
(Of course AMEX and Bank One had no way to stop the 2nd transaction )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top