Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2005 6:43:11 PM EDT
Had the displeasure of watching the last 5 minutes of andy rooney. He was talking about US weapons systems and how much they cost with a bent of they were a waste of money.

Well didn't care what he thougt anyway, but he talked about the M1 Abrams and how expensive they are with a video of one burning in Iraq.

POS.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad he wasn't in one.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Andy Rooney is a POS  

Newsflash

The world has known this for the past 65 years

He should of retired 40 years ago
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Ain't it amazing who gets to be on TV, elected, heads of companies, etc.?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Andy Rooney is a POS  

Newsflash

Plus 1!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Who?

Oh! HIM?

He's still alive?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Had the displeasure of watching the last 5 minutes of andy rooney. He was talking about US weapons systems and how much they cost with a bent of they were a waste of money.

Well didn't care what he thougt anyway, but he talked about the M1 Abrams and how expensive they are with a video of one burning in Iraq.

POS.

Another reason to spend more money
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Why were you watching "60 Minutes"? Was the drug store out of "The Enquirer"?

just go to the woodpile, pick up a log and whack yourself in the forehead a few times the next time you get the urge to watch it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember the 60 Minutes is not news, it is entertainment and should be treated as such.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

POS.

Andy Rooney is a fool.  ANY armored vehicle can be killed.  The M1 affords its crew SOOOO much more protection than the '60 series it replaced (I've crewed both over 24 yrs). To point to anectodal  examples of one vehicle's misfortune without considering the overall performance of the system would condemn just about every platform every fielded.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#10]
All the old farts will be gone from 60 Minutes after this coming year. The retirement of the producer of the last 25 or so years (Don Hewitt) & their focus on attracting younger viewers will ensure that. Doesn't mean they'll be any better or less liberal, only younger, ala` Steve Kroft.

My .o2
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#11]
And he has a uni-brow
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Andy Rooney is a POS  

Newsflash

Plus 1!

BigDozer66

+ 2.

I thought everyone already knew what a douche he was.........
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

POS.

Ya know...I'm just a civilian....but it burns me when I hear ANYONE who isn't serving talk about what a waste of money military spending is. I feel we should give our guys EVERY bit of protection and all the best we can if we're gonna expect them to put their lives on the line for our country. Andy Rooney can stick it as far as I'm concerned!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#14]
wtf...why are you watching CBS to begin with...that network pisses me off
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I was kinda shocked when he mentioned we had 8,000 M1 tanks.

That is one helluvan arsenal of badass tanks.

I was also kinda surprised to see F-15's mothballed in one a those Arizona boneyards.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Andy Rooney = old, bitter & irrelevant
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

+1. Just an old liberal krank

[AndyRooney]Didja ever wonder how guys like me continue on TV, when much of what I say is so unbelieveably irrelevant?[/AndyRooney]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#18]
CBS just seems to be geared to old dumb asses.

Never watch it.

GM
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn dude the wheel was invented too...Where have you been?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Andy Rooney sucks dick for cheeseburgers, who gives a fuck what he has to say?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#22]
He's a veteran of WW2 and knows well the need for good weapons systems and the wastage of war. Does he complain about WW2? Not that I've ever heard. He's a turncoat idiot liberal mealymouth!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top