Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 4:15:05 PM EDT
My son is 6 years old, and has watched me repair and collect guns his whole life.  He always showed a lot of interest and would even sit out in the shop with me "working" on his gun (an old Arisaka stock).

Today I dug out an old Red Ryder BB gun I found at the range one day.  I had to clean a wasps nest out of the bbl, and cut off about 3 inches from the butt.  We set up some old expired sodas I had been saving to shoot and after the saftey speech, and a set of safety glasses, we proceeded to shoot the cans.  He had a blast whenever he would hit one!  They would spew all over the place, and some would jump off the chair we had them sitting on.  He sure felt grown up, and the look on his face was unforgettable!

A great day indeed!

Balming
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL!

I'll be bringing him to the FOP shoots before log!

Balming
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
LOL!

I'll be bringing him to the FOP shoots before log!

Balming

Him and MrsBRF can fight over who gets to shoot your guns.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Mrs BRF is more than welcome to shoot my gun anytime!

Damn!  I just dragged a wholesome father/son shooting thread into the gutter!

Balming
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top