Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2001 10:25:51 AM EDT
is the book racist...meaning does the book say that the blacks=the monkeys...this was a question at work and nobody seems to know I have not read the book yet but plan on it in the up coming weeks..does anybody know if the movie is going to follow the book closer this time than in heston's one. also did heston get a camio in the new film?
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm boycotting the film. Heston the original start is as we all know the pres of NRA. Marky mark is the biggest anti gun in Hollywood. I have heard that they are going to follow the book closely.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#2]
well if they are going to follow the book closly... I read the back page in the book the part where it gives the authors info and it said he conciderd Plant of the Apes. a social parody...or something like that..thats why I was wondering if the book was racist
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never read the book, but some of the documentaries that I've seen about the original Planet of the Apes movie, explain that the novel was writen as a kind of ecological warning to mankind in general. The point being that if we are not careful, nature will punish man for trying to dominate the world with technology and greed. It's a kind of a ecologists/green morality fable about man vs. nature in which man loses and in turn becomes a slave to nature.

I don't think that the new movie is any closer to the original book than the Heston version. In the book, the apes had flying machines and were at a level of civilization close to that of today. The apes do look more correct in the new movie although. They are semi-bipedal and movel more like apes. The Heston apes looked like they evolved too much, and walked upright like "humans".

I don't think that Chuck will have a cameo in the new version. He was reported to have stopped by the new production and harrased Marky Mark for making punk ass remarks about him and the NRA at an MTV movie awards show.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#4]
kick ass for CHUCK..thanks for the info
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Isn't planet of the apes just a documentry about white people in africa?
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes Heston is in the new movie but this time he plays an ape. or should I say a orangutan " one of the smart statesmen" So much makeup you'll never know.

If I remember correctly he passes away and a war breaks out among the apes & humans again?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top