Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2005 10:50:58 AM EDT
up to 30,000 troops could pull out by next spring

first mistake, we sent the troops too early and too little. We underestimated the whole situations.

second mistake is coming, we are going to pull up the troops too soon and too much. We underestimatd the whole situaiton again.

will Iraq become a "librated country" or a "terrorists-ever-wanted soil"?

This is only my opinion.

what do you think???
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I've heard that a gradual pull-out could start by next spring.  So long as we don't leave stuff unfinished over there it shouldn't be a problem.

OTOH, if this new surge in violence keeps up I don't think we should go anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#2]
what do I think?

I think your opinion sucks
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't really know what the true status of everything is in Iraq. The news media is pretty hostile to the effort and paints a grimest picture whenever possible, and the public doesn't have privy to the sensitive information needed to make this decision. We as the public really can't tell because we don't have the right info to make a sound decision one way or the way other.

My GUESS based on news reports, would be probably not.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 The news media is pretty hostile to the effort and paints a grimest picture whenever possible, and the public doesn't have privy to the sensitive information needed to make this decision. .

Well, Rumsfeld describes our progress and future in Iraq as a long "hard slog".
Cheney, on the other hand, thinks the insurgency is in its "last throes".

Maybe Cheney watches Fox Morning edition, and Rumsfeld sticks to Headline news.
Rumsfeld is, I believe, the correct one in this assessment.

You think there's a bunch of extremely positive 'sensitive information' about this situation? Like "Al Qaeda nearly finished fighting, was surprised by cleverness of "fight them in Iraq" strategy and sent EVERYONE in.  Rebuilding almost complete.  3rd largest mall about to be built in Ramadi"

Seriously, I think the public has the information it needs.  Rusty Humphries visited Iraq a few months ago and was almost screaming at the insane jinks and G forces the plane had to pull just to make a safe landing.

I'm not saying we should leave yet, but let's face it... It's pretty fucked up over there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top