Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2005 8:58:36 AM EDT
For years and years I've drank soda like it is water. Can't get enough cream soda, root beer or coke.

Last week I decided, enough is enough and yesterday was the last coke I will drink. I've become so adjusted to caffeine and sugar that neither of the two have any impact on jolting me with my morning coffee.

Not to mention, I still have a little acne in my complexion and I figure the lack of ubersugar in sodas will cut that back significantly.

Water and milk from now on baby! I can't wait to get the withdrawl headaches.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I did the same thing, and I am able to fall asleep alot easier now.  I usually have a Mt Dew or Pepsi for lunch.  Now i get water,  saves me money and get to bed earlier.  what else could i want

edit to say:

I never got withdraw headaches
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I refuse to give up my vices...they are what make me unique.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I read the title I thought maybe you gave up guns!

That soda will do you in. There's a guy at work who goes through two two litre bottles of diet pepsi every night(12 hr shift).

I'm waiting to see what kind of cancer he gets.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I did the same thing, and I am able to fall asleep alot easier now.  I usually have a Mt Dew or Pepsi for lunch.  Now i get water,  saves me money and get to bed earlier.  what else could i want

edit to say:

I never got withdraw headaches

You were lucky. I went on vacation one week at my grandparents. All they drink is water, and I was having horrible headaches and I figured out why, when I went to a gas station and bought a Coke, no more headache for a while.

I'm looking for the saving money for more SHTF ammo and easier sleep as well.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#5]
The fact you guys are missing is the calorie content of these sodas.  A 20oz Dew has over 360 calories.  Thats comprable to a Snickers bar.  So imagine if you drank several of these a day.   I am not surprised so many of our kids are so fucking fat.

Also the carbonic acid will work on your teeth and rot them out.   Not to mention give you heartburn and do deleterious things to your stomach and GI system.

Water is the best thing for you.  

To minimize the caffiene withdrawl, use a step down method.  Dont go cold turkey.  Just slow it down everyday until you are done.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That soda will do you in. There's a guy at work who goes through two two litre bottles of diet pepsi every night(12 hr shift).

I'll keep my BRD thank you very much

Stomach ulcers were another one of my concerns.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You'll probably die before him.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#8]
And when he dies, he wont decompose.  He will be perfectly preserved just like Stalin.  His family can put him in a plastic box and put him near the mantle.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I decaffinated a couple of years ago. I went from drinking 40 oz Mt Dew & about 64 oz of coffe a day to nothing. I was so bad with the caffine high that I would  take things apart & not put them back together. Totally distructive energy. Lots of headaches and irritability during withdrawl. You'll alot better and be less aggitated.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I quit drinking soda in December and was drinking 4-6 per day.

I lost 40 pounds and  haven't suffered any more heartburn since the switch.

Qutting the soda/pop has yielded great results best of which is increased energy and weight loss.

I recommend everyone quit drinking high-fructose corn syrup. I was on the fast track towards health problems. Obesity and diabetes.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#11]
The worst thing in the soda isn't the carbonation, the acids, or caffeine, it is definitely the high fructose corn syrup.

I've tried to stop consuming things that contain it, and I've virtually cut it out of my diet. I feel so much better now, I wish I had done it before.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Soda is bad ..mmmmmkay.....

Some other tidbits..The acid in soda actually draws calcium out of the body, so it can make for brittle bones. I learned this 2 years ago when I broke my hand the doc explained it to me. Plus you have the calorie thing and the caffeine addiction. Am I off soda? No, I like it too much.

Ive tried to give it up, but the headaches made for not such a nice time, Im sure they would pass if I stay off it long enuff. Withdrawl is a mutha frocker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top