Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/7/2005 7:11:14 AM EDT
because my girlfriend's dog pooped in his yard yesterday. He's something like 88 years old and he's gotten pretty waspish in his old age. I was apologetic, told him I'd pick it up, etc. He last words on the subject were "We've been friends for a long time and I don't want it to end over a dog." I kept my mouth shut, are you proud of me?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont believe it ! You probably could took him .
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:13:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Pick up the poo.

he should be pooin on your yard anyway.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You did the right thing.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:14:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I keep re-reading it, but I just cant find the draw down portion of the story.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

it's because he totally missed the opportunity!!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:33:41 AM EDT
[#6]
May have been a close fight the old timer might be a scrapper!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#7]
coming soon..hive mind...my 88yr old neighbor just kicked my ass..what should i do.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:38:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
coming soon..hive mind...my 88yr old neighbor just kicked my ass..what should i do.

It probably happened already........... Just too embarrassed to admit it.........
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Just sweep his legs. It will break his hip. Then when he is laying there in the yard, writhing in pain and unable to stand, drop your drawers and take a shit on his front doorstep.

Good you didn't say anything. Bitter old men just get more bitter when antagonized.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:45:21 AM EDT
[#10]
You should supervise the mutt.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#11]
   You did the right thing.  Apologized, offered to dispose of the offending do-do.  Be a little more vigalant and keep your dog out of your nieghbors yard.    

Now, as a little good will gesture let the old man stuff your GF pooper and post pics.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Just sweep his legs. It will break his hip. Then when he is laying there in the yard, writhing in pain and unable to stand, drop your drawers and take a shit on his front doorstep.

Good you didn't say anything. Bitter old men just get more bitter when antagonized.

C'mon guys. Not everyone is like Sgtar.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Well, thank you for that pearl of wisdom.

1. It's not my dog.
2. The dog has no concept of property rights.
3. It's not a big deal.
4. I picked it up.
5. I shovel his walk for him every time it snows.

6. If you piss me off again, I'm going to go over there and beat him savagely about the head and neck with his own cane, and   you'll be an accessory to the crime.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#14]
He'll die pretty soon and your dog can resume shitting in the neighbors front lawn.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#15]
You should have drawn down on him.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Dog Land Mines suck..............you did the right thing
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:52:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You should have drawn down on him.

or at least flung poo
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:53:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Buzz his house. See if you can get a couple of windows to break.

ETA: And put a damn diaper on that pooch.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#19]
You did ok. He was no doubt getting himself overly upset over a small issue. But you realized that and didn't make it into a bigger issue. I've learned to never sweat the small stuff like this. If one did, they'd constantly be stressing over something.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Good thing he's not a retired ATF agent.  Otherwise you would have a dead dog...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#21]
The old man did right by talking to you face to face instead of calling the police like some people would do.  You did right by taking the information like a man and agree to remedy the situation.

So are you going to beat the girlfriends ass for letting this happen?  No?  Pussy!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#22]
I wonder how different this thread would have been if it had been titled, "Bastard old man next door shoots my GFs dog for pooping on his lawn!" - of course, some of us (myself included) would have still taken your GF to task for allowing her dog to wander around unleashed.  I still have difficulty understanding why people do that, and then complain about what their neighbors do/say about it.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Does he drive a Jeep?  You know what to do.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#24]
you lucky.. ifen i had been that old creeper i would have waited to you was away, rented a couple of hippos or elefants from the local circus, feed them up good a big load of hay, then dossed em good with elax and staked em out in your yard..

you'd have returned to your house in pooh-ville.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

It will happen when he goes out with the pooper scooper. The old man will come at with his walker. Rodent will try to go hand to hand. At that point the old geezer will wack Rodent with a stick. Rodent will have no choice at that point but to draw down.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently is not wisdom shared by all.

1. It's not my dog.

All the more reason to supervise the mutt or train it.
My dog stays in the yard and out of the road. Piece of cake.

3. It's not a big deal.

It is to him.

4. I picked it up.

That explains the lack of draw down.

6. If you piss me off again, I'm going to go over there and beat him savagely about the head and neck with his own cane, and   you'll be an accessory to the crime.

I'm getting a backache from carrying you man.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#27]
I hate dogs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#28]
You did the right thing, the old man is probably having other problems that manifested his frustration in the dog shit bitch fit.  Call the popo they will come kill the dog, you can console your girlfriends loss the old man will be happy, in short all will be right with the world.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Ok Ok wait ...

I know this one , and the correct ARF answer is :

Draw down on him .

Read some scripture and genuflect to your preferred deity

Shoot the dog

Then bang the GF like a retard on a drum set , and kick her
to the curb when your done because it was her doing that
caused you a nanoseconds grief .

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Ok Ok wait ...

Draw down on him .

Shoot the dog

to the curb when your done because it was her dog that

ROTFLMAO!

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Keep your dog locked up.

Be a responsible pet owner.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't want your GFs dog pooping in my yard either.

The guy was probably mostly upset because he had to go to the trouble of drawing your attention to a problem he shouldn't have had to deal with.  The fact that he is 88 years old has nothing to do with it.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Ok Ok wait ...

Draw down on him .

Shoot the dog

I have a serious vodka induced hangover, and cant stop laughing my ass off.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#34]
He's an old guy, let him be and play nice.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Keep your dog locked up.

SGatr15

Reading is FUNdamental.

I don't own a dog. My horse is fenced, does that count?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#36]
my neighbor's dog used to poop in my yard I had a fit.  Threw the poop back on their driveway, steps, cars, they didnt like that, so they kept their dog from shitting in my yard after that.  Now we're best of neighbors
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I don't want your GFs dog pooping in my yard either.

The guy was probably mostly upset because he had to go to the trouble of drawing your attention to a problem he shouldn't have had to deal with.  The fact that he is 88 years old has nothing to do with it.

I second that. I had a similar problem with my neighbor, except that when I tried to be nice about it, and asked them to keep their 2 dogs off my property, got told to get fucked. I then had local Animal control pay them a visit after I saw the dogs on my property again, shitting and digging holes.

Next thing I know, they're throwing trash on my property. I throw it back. Then they escalate to having their 2 teenage houseguests (nephew and local friend) bring a 24-pack of TP and spraypaint to vandalize me. I catch them in the act, call the cops. I stake out the house, so they can't sneak back in w/o me seeing who it was. Cops arrive, they catch both of them. Neigbor is calling a MF'er because I called the cops. Cop points out that the boys were very lucky they didn't get shot (it being 11PM on a moonless night), and that it could have easily have worked out that way. He tells them I'm heavily armed and to stay off my property.

The neigbor's 2 kids still wander on over occasionally, as do the dogs. I put up a dense row of Arbor Vitaes, but they just come on through. Short of beating the shit out of the neighbor and hospitalizing his ass, I don't know what to do anymore but just move. Rankles me, because I should't have to put up with this shit. A fence isn't to practical at this point, because I'd have to circle the entire property, and the local govt won't let me put any fencing within 30' of the road. So the little bastards can just wander on through the front easily enough. <sheeze>

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Tell him he is lucky it was just the dog and bemoan the tales of the GF dumping all over your own yard. He will sense the angst & turmoil in your life, and probably break out that 60 year old "The Macallan" bottle he had been saving for a special occasion...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#39]
A lot of people lose their good  judgement skilles when they get older.  The ability to stiffle ones immediate impulses are affected. They become children again, in behavior as well as looks, then you die.  I am sure in his younger days he would have blown it off.  But I bet he was stewing about this event for days.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
because my girlfriend's dog pooped in his yard yesterday. He's something like 88 years old and he's gotten pretty waspish in his old age. I was apologetic, told him I'd pick it up, etc. He last words on the subject were "We've been friends for a long time and I don't want it to end over a dog." I kept my mouth shut, are you proud of me?

You did the right thing, because the dog shouldn't be crapping in his yard.  Sure, the dog doesn't know better, but that makes it your responsibility.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:08:56 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Keep your dog locked up.

SGatr15

Reading is FUNdamental.

I don't own a dog. My horse is fenced, does that count?

Your girlfriend does.  The dog has at your place while it pooped on his lawn.  You are responsible for your guests and their dogs while they are at your place.

Control your girlfriend and your dog.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. It's not my dog.
3. It's not a big deal.
4. I picked it up.

1 It is your responsibility none the less
2 Build a kennel
3 It is to him on his property.
4 Should have never happened.
5 That is nice of you
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
A lot of people lose their good  judgement skilles when they get older.  The ability to stiffle ones immediate impulses are affected. They become children again, in behavior as well as looks, then you die.  I am sure in his younger days he would have blown it off.  But I bet he was stewing about this event for days.  

The guy's a retired cop, and he's been a bit of a terror for the 13 years I've lived here. (Bet he was hell on wheels during traffic stops back in his day.) I do him a lot of favors, as I do all the neighbors, especially the older ones, so we've always gotten on well.

So it rankles me that he was that rude over a little dog turd. That wasn't from my dog. That I picked up. From the lawn I've mowed for him when he was sick.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#44]
He was probably in Europe during WWII killing lots if Huns with his E-tool.

You better pick up the poo!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#45]
You got a house thats worth a million dollars and the fucking dog doesn't have a fenced place to shit on your own property?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy's a retired cop, and he's been a bit of a terror for the 13 years I've lived here. (Bet he was hell on wheels during traffic stops back in his day.) I do him a lot of favors, as I do all the neighbors, especially the older ones, so we've always gotten on well.

So it rankles me that he was that rude over a little dog turd. That wasn't from my dog. That I picked up. From the lawn I've mowed for him when he was sick.  

I know it, my grandmom got the same way.  I guess the question is what can you do?  You are a decent guy so I bet you will still shovel his walk and do other stuff for him.  What goes around will come around.  At least you have the satisfaction you did the right thing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Ok Ok wait ...

Draw down on him. Then shoot him

Shoot the dog. correct

caused you a nanoseconds grief . Then shoot her

Then, shoot yourself, for not getting it right in the first place

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#48]
I am in the same situation, new neighbor, 2 dogs he lets run loose, I have talked to him, been very polite, on all occasions, and for a little while the dogs will be out of sight, out of mind, BUT then within a few weeks it all starts again. I really believe he just does not give a damn, about the dogs or other people property.

After several conversations with him, I mailed him a letter last week, told him exaclty what I thought about the situation and what I expeceted him to do about it, Looks like he got the letter, this morning instead of a HI, I got a go to hell look from him, Oh well.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You got a house thats worth a million dollars and the fucking dog doesn't have a fenced place to shit on your own property?

Let me look back at my previous posts to make sure I haven't been typing in Bulgarian by mistake.

Why no, I haven't.

I DON'T OWN A DOG.  

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I am in the same situation, new neighbor, 2 dogs he lets run loose, I have talked to him, been very polite, on all occasions, and for a little while the dogs will be out of sight, out of mind, BUT then within a few weeks it all starts again. I really believe he just does not give a damn, about the dogs or other people property.

After several conversations with him, I mailed him a letter last week, told him exaclty what I thought about the situation and what I expeceted him to do about it, Looks like he got the letter, this morning instead of a HI, I got a go to hell look from him, Oh well.

No shit. FOAD.
I don't get it. Every dog I have ever owned stayed in the yard. Just not that hard to train them. People are stupid though. And lazy. See it all the time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top