Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2001 9:42:24 AM EDT
got her CCW today!!  Actually, she wasn't totally anti-gun, but she didn't like the fact that I carry.  Now she doesn't like it on the rare occasion that I don't carry!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Horray! Good for you!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#2]
you are lucky.  my wife was nuetral on the subject when we got married and was just beginning to bring her around when she decided to go back to shool to get her masters degree.
  Now she is a total anti-gun liberal, who thinks I need to quit my job of 9 years because it doesn't fit in with her new friends, and wants me to move away from my 11 year old daughter.---  
   Sorry; felt the need to rant.  I think I'm better now.   (not)

Mike

Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Mike V,

One word, divorce.

No one who truly cared about you would ask you to choose between her and your daughter, much less your friends.

This is not a healthy relationship, leave.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Walk on her, cite that you are incompatable on your basic beliefs in life. She was like that before you were married. I walked on my ex because she thought her daughters were independent. They were drug using, bimbos.....etc. I would not let my kids around that. Think of your daughter, and most of all your peace of mind.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I am already considering it. It's just not that easy to do.  I know what I have to do, I just don't look forward to it; ya know? Divorce sucks, but I guess it's better than the alternative.

Mike

Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mike V:
who thinks I need to quit my job of 9 years because it doesn't fit in with her new friends, and wants me to move away from my 11 year old daughter.---  

Mike

View Quote

Man, where's the f__king door?!?!? [moon]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Chimborazo

Good for you and your fiancee. Hope she enjoys her freedom, we need more inteligent women in the world.

which brings me to Mike V. You got Fu@&ed. If she alowed some stupid professors or some new ignorant friends to influence her aginst you then you should kick her out. She isn't worth it. If she changed, and thinks you should just fall in line than she doesn't deserve happiness. People like her need to be stabbed in the neck with forks, ha that would teach em.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#8]
you are lucky.  my wife was nuetral on the subject when we got married and was just beginning to bring her around when she decided to go back to shool to get her masters degree.
  Now she is a total anti-gun liberal, who thinks I need to quit my job of 9 years because it doesn't fit in with her new friends, and wants me to move away from my 11 year old daughter.---  
   Sorry; felt the need to rant.  I think I'm better now.   (not)

WOW!

Mike

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#9]
MikeV, sad story.  Maybe you can keep her away from Liberals, and de-program her.  Electroshock therapy is said to help. Or just a heart to heart about America and the meaning of freedom, etc.  Don't give up yet.  Liberalism is a sickness that can be cured.  Good luck Hope you can aviod the big D.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I am already considering it. It's just not that easy to do.  I know what I have to do, I just don't look forward to it; ya know? Divorce sucks, but I guess it's better than the alternative.Mike
View Quote

You need to get away from all influences and
have a heart to heart TALK with her. May I suggest a hiking /camping trip in the wilderness. The wilderness is an excellent place to decompress.[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
have a heart to heart TALK with her. May I suggest a hiking /camping trip in the wilderness. The wilderness is an excellent place to decompress.[smoke]
View Quote

Don't forget a shovel!!

Link Posted: 7/16/2001 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't forget a shovel!!

View Quote

LOL!! You slay me Chimborazo!!!
BTW: Good job, We will convert the antis an fence sitters one by one[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top