Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 10:15:14 PM EDT
Because some kid and his dad were fighting in my front yard and the kids dad told me to. I have to say that I feel alot better about San Jose's 911 system, they picked up on the 2nd ring and the cops were here in less than 2 minutes. They took the kid in to the psych ward for evaluation. No, they didn't shoot my dog
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Parents these days.
Had that been my dad, he would have told you to call an ambulance then proceeded on with a world class style ass whoppin.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Of course they didn't shoot your dog. You told the dog to play dead just before you dialed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Parents these days.
Had that been my dad, he would have told you to call an ambulance then proceeded on with a world class style ass whoppin.

My dad took off, but, you can be my mom would've put a whuppin on me....No 911 involved.

This friggin country these days.  

btw:  Good thing you called.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Parents these days.

If that would have been my dad it would have been ME calling for the cops.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Why didn't you jusr draw down on the kid
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Parents these days.

If they took the kid to the physch ward he needed more than a beating he needed to be watched.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Parents these days.

If that would have been my dad it would have been ME calling for the cops.

Sgat1r5

Thats a big no shit!

I wonder what parents think these days? Are they scared to give PROPER discipline because their afraid of reprecussions from the State or what?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
btw:  Good thing you called.

When his dad had him pinned to the ground I talked with the kid. I said to him "how old are you?" he said "16" I said " you got any kids?" he said "no". I said then "you're doin fine, just listen to your parents, they know best. When I was 16, I had a baby on the way. I didn't listen to my parents and I had to learn the hard way". That was when reality set in and he completely gave up trying to get out of his dads hold. He was actually a really nice kid, he's just goin through a rough time I guess.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm curious about the race of the people.  Cause my dog is racist, and if it was white people he woulda sat back and looked at me like "what are the wierd people doin dad?"  But if they were black, He woulda been in a traget rich environment.  Now before you get your thong between your ears.  I'm not advocating racism.  And my German shepherd is a personal protection trained dog that lived in Memphis for 5 and a half years.  We've noticed since we got him that he is EXTREMELY aggressive towards black people.  Of course the first incident of this was a young black kid coming in my yard and trying to steal my pitbull, but none of the black people in my hood (90% of my hood) won't walk down my street anymore.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why didn't you jusr draw down on the kid

I had my Beretta 22 in my belt and a can of pepper spray in my back pocket, I didn't really know WTF to expect when I heard all the yelling in my front yard. I didn't bust either one of them out, I didn't want to escalate the situation.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Cops (or dispatchers) in most cities appear to put a priority on calls whenever a "kid" is involved.  In this case, the kid apparently wasn't a child but the mere mention of the term "kid" seems to result in a rapid response.  If you reported two middle-aged drunks fighting, it may have taken a few minutes more.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm curious about the race of the people.  Cause my dog is racist, and if it was white people he woulda sat back and looked at me like "what are the wierd people doin dad?"  But if they were black, He woulda been in a traget rich environment.  Now before you get your thong between your ears.  I'm not advocating racism.  And my German shepherd is a personal protection trained dog that lived in Memphis for 5 and a half years.  We've noticed since we got him that he is EXTREMELY aggressive towards black people.  Of course the first incident of this was a young black kid coming in my yard and trying to steal my pitbull, but none of the black people in my hood (90% of my hood) won't walk down my street anymore.  

My dad had a German Shepherd that HATED black folk. I don't know why though I think it's just something in their breed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
When his dad had him pinned to the ground I talked with the kid. I said to him "how old are you?" he said "16" I said " you got any kids?" he said "no". I said then "you're doin fine, just listen to your parents, they know best. When I was 16, I had a baby on the way. I didn't listen to my parents and I had to learn the hard way". That was when reality set in and he completely gave up trying to get out of his dads hold. He was actually a really nice kid, he's just goin through a rough time I guess.

Wasn't it Richard Pryor who did the routine about getting into a fight with his old man when he was around 16?  Memory is weak, but Richard said that he "thought" he could kick the old man's ass but soon found out that his dad was a MAN and could kick his scrawny, teenage ass with little effort.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My dad had a German Shepherd that HATED black folk. I don't know why though I think it's just something in their breed.

Could be, cause mine isn't the first I've heard of that is like that.  Buck HATES them.  I have no clue why.  But with his training and build, I think it's safe to say NO ONE want's to get on his bad side.
He hates water too
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#15]
My pund dog's got some shepherd in him and ain't too fond of the Black Man.

Damn dog be a hayta!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Just had an incident here in my hometown. Mom comes home and finds her 15 yr old daughter getting pumped by her 16 yr old boy friend. Mom go into defensive - corrective mode, slaps her daughter and runs the boyfriend off. Now the boyfriend calls the Police and yep, you guessed it, mom gets arrested!!!
the daughter gets taken from the mom and mom has to go to ANGER Management!! now what the fuck, is that fucked up or what?

She should have beat the piss outa both of them then threatened them with death if she ever cauhgt them near each other again.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Cop musta been over on Kerry's side.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Parents these days.

In a world where the cops would arrest the father for doing that, the cops should expect to be handed that bag in return.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top