Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/6/2005 3:07:18 PM EDT
And assuming a continued government...

...what would be the name of the Federal agency formed to deal with the situation?

Would it be an militarized division of the CDC or FEMA?

Or would it be an entirely new entity such as Homeland Security?

What would be it's pecking order and limitations in relation to other agencies such as the CIA and FBI?

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#1]
ATFZ

If it is fun, and what could be more fun than a barrel o' zombies, the ATFZ will regulate it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#2]
FVZA  

I refer you to.

www.fvza.org
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Putting a government agency in charge of Zombie management would do nothing but ensure a zombie take over. No real progress would be made until the government collapsed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
FVZA  

I refer you to.

www.fvza.org

Be serious. Everyone knows vampires aren't real.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Putting a government agency in charge of Zombie management would do nothing but ensure a zombie take over. No real progress would be made until the government collapsed.

Probably right.

I'm just curious what they'd create and what they'd likely name it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
ZOMBIE Units

Zombie
Operationial
Mobile
Biological
Interdiction
Eradication
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ZOMBIE Units

Zombie
Operationial
Mobile
Biological
Interdiction
Eradication

Too many letters for an alpha agency. Good but they won't do it.

No way a Fed could remember all that and they have to be able to identify who they work for.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FVZA  

I refer you to.

www.fvza.org

Read the case logs man read the case logs Vampires are a very real threat.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#9]
ZEB

Zombie
Eradication
Bureau
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
ZEB

Zombie
Eradication
Bureau

That might work. Except the directors name could easily be Zeb and that would just confuse folks.

Now Zombie Management Bureau might be a good one. ZMB has the menacing sound to it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't care what we call them as long as they decide to use liberals as bait.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
FVZA  

I refer you to.

www.fvza.org

Read the case logs man read the case logs Vampires are a very real threat.

Even IF true they require two very different kinds of management. No way one agency would handle it.

That is as crazy as an agency that regulates alcohol and firearms at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ZEB

Zombie
Eradication
Bureau

That might work. Except the directors name could easily be Zeb and that would just confuse folks.

Now Zombie Management Bureau might be a good one. ZMB has the menacing sound to it.

Management sounds to PC. Of course it might work for the .gov. Would not want to offend the zombies.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Bureau
of
Undead
Eradication
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#15]
STUD

Specialized
Tactical
Undead
Disposal
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Lock yourself up in your house for a few days and they should begin to decompose.  Dead things decompose right?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#17]
First the .gov would deny a prob, then they would call the undocumented non living, then there would be a militia to take action, and they would be called racist.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#18]
the "DUDA" Dem Undead Democrate Assholes. Then you sing-- "duda, duda, duda
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#19]
We need military units for this. I say there should be a National Guard/Reserves division dedicated to the elimination of zombie forces. Government agencies are no good at elimination of enemy forces through force. All they'll do is use serveillance and the such against the zombies and they will try to bring charges against them in court.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
We need military units for this. I say there should be a National Guard/Reserves division dedicated to the elimination of zombie forces.

President's aide: Sir, the Helms amendment and NSC order 725 both specifically prohibit the use of Omega Force against Caucasians.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted: ...what would be the name of the Federal agency formed to deal with the situation?
"Freeze, USDC!"  United States Department of Cadavers  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Zombie outbreak ?

Just great .

That just means my taxes are going to go even higher so
I can pay for them to suck up the welfare checks!

Even better,I bet their going to reproduce as often as possible just
to neglect their little zombets ,and collect more.

After we FINALLY start to get a little control of it here,
Zombies will be crossing the borders in droves.
Working under the table ,getting free untaxed benefits,
and lowering the average wage.

Making it even freaking harder.

NOT ANY MORE !

Hey ,there's no freaking zombie icons for my 50 to shoot !
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

...what would be the name of the Federal agency formed to deal with the situation?

What would be it's pecking order and limitations in relation to other agencies such as the CIA and FBI?

Oh yeah, what kind of zombies, 28 days later, Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil, or you good ole Halloween version of the Simpsons?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Something says to me... Umbrella Corp.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah, what kind of zombies, 28 days later, Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil, or you good ole Halloween version of the Simpsons?

We're talking about REAL zombies here. You have to keep in mind that the zombies in the documentaries are merely actors in a dramatization though some may be real footage. You have to basically draw the facts where you can.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes but it has to be attacked like it were an enemy. It's not like some simple virus that people get sick and you need to get the cure or they die. It turns people into violent creatures that exist to spread their disease and kill people.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Remember the X-Files movie? The pending (or already underway) alien invasion, cover up was being handled by FEMA. I think that it would have to be a sub-agency of an already existing group, because there would not be time to organize a new department, and come up with a different set of color codes to go along with it. I would think that it would also have a harmless sounding name that didn't really specify what it did. Sort of along the lines of DEVGRU, Development Group. You don't really know what they do, even when a SEAL tells you what he does. Maybe something like the Transition Bureau.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#29]
But what if it spreads to quickly to keep a secret?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
But what if it spreads to quickly to keep a secret?

I think a MASSIVE ZOMBIE OUTBREAK, as stated by Steyr could not be secret for long
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
yes but it would be treated and contained like a biolaogical infection due to the way it spreads. Beleive it or not the plans that are in place are kinda spooky.

Please, do tell......
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Well I'm ready.

Question: If you eat a zombie, do you become infested?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Well I'm ready.

Not if you cook them right!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
ZEB

Zombie
Eradication
Bureau

Sounds good.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Well I'm ready.

Why would you suddenly have lots of zombies if you ate one?

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Who cares about all that, I just want to know how to get a job killin' zombies.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
We need military units for this. I say there should be a National Guard/Reserves division dedicated to the elimination of zombie forces. Government agencies are no good at elimination of enemy forces through force. All they'll do is use serveillance and the such against the zombies and they will try to bring charges against them in court.

Yes but I'm sure they'd create a Fed agency to study and direct the situation.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Real zombies like in the Romero documentaries.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#42]
ZIP

"Zombie Intelligence Patrol"

Members will drive Corvairs and lip-synch dialogue.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Well I'm ready.

Of course.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Remember the X-Files movie? The pending (or already underway) alien invasion, cover up was being handled by FEMA. I think that it would have to be a sub-agency of an already existing group, because there would not be time to organize a new department, and come up with a different set of color codes to go along with it. I would think that it would also have a harmless sounding name that didn't really specify what it did. Sort of along the lines of DEVGRU, Development Group. You don't really know what they do, even when a SEAL tells you what he does. Maybe something like the Transition Bureau.

I'm talking about an "after the fact" agency following a period of moderately successful containment.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well I'm ready.

Of course.

Zombie Pie
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Considering that if Zombies were to show their undead faces the government would want to prevent the situation from spreading, escilating and being publiscised.  
As agnet K said, "Man as an individual is reasonable but Man as a group are unreasonable and a mob."

So my guess would be something along the lines of

Buro
of
Paranormal
Research
and
Containment

(BPRC)

OR

Buero
of
Paranormal
Research
and
Extermination

(BPRE)
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#47]
ZCI
zombie crisis inderdiction

ZCID pronounced (Zeesid)
zombie crisis interdiction division

I think it would most likely end up being a shadow arm of CDC. Its well known that Zombies and the plague is infectious, so its only natural they will branch off the experts from the CDC.

CDC-Z  ?

When we decide on one that we feel will happen, I would love to see a photochop of a guy with the jacket and logo braining some undead withan M4.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is only one kind of zombie. There are many mockumenaries that speculate, but is accepted in many circles that Romeros work was closest to the truth. (well not his last one which imho was a mockumentary)
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:45:18 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is only one kind of zombie. There are many mockumenaries that speculate, but is accepted in many circles that Romeros work was closest to the truth. (well not his last one which imho was a mockumentary)

I don't know about the last one. It was always speculated that zombies might be able to evolve, as they are a new life form, from the body that they take over.....
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:53:02 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

There would be a Zombie Czar.

And I would be that Czar.

I would immediately order the ready availability of miniguns, M2's, and flame throwers.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top