Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 2:56:23 PM EDT
I, for one, feel not.  I truly, truly do believe that it is counterproductive to allow any toothless cretin who can wander into a polling place to vote.  Non-contributing members of "society" simply should not have the right to vote.  And by contributing members, I mean people who are *not* on Uncle Sugar's tit, Veteran's benefits, OF COURSE, excepted.  So, flame on if ya wish, but if yer with me, waht do *YOU* think should be required to have the franchise?

And really, do any of you *REALLY* feel that just anyone should be allowed to help steer our republic?  Really?  Please support this, I am interested in your reasoning.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I think only white land owners should be allowed to vote.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree. Stupid people shouldn't vote.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

While that is a humorous statement, and some certainly would agree, that is not at all what i am saying, nor would that be the mandate of a reasonable man, which I'm sure you are, so you are either joking or using gross exaggaeration to illustarate disapproval for my premise.  I simply think there needs to be a measure of not qualifications per se, but a definite list of ways to be DISQUALIFIED from the franchise.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
No, we're not better off. Montesquieu wrote two hundred years before that expanding the voting base was the best way to destroy a democratic society.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Very close to the truth. Anybody over 18 should not be allowed to vote.
We need eligibility reform bigtime.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Anniversary of yet another bomb.

That was a joke people.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#8]
It was a commie plot by the ACLU (AMERIKAN COMMUNIST LAWYER ASSOCIATION)
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#9]
To exercise the right to vote, you must file and pay fed taxes quarterly.  If you don't want to vote, enjoy withholding and 15APR.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
To exercise the right to vote, you must file and pay fed taxes quarterly.  If you don't want to vote, enjoy withholding and 15APR.

While I do not necessarily agree with that exactly, I certainly *do* with the premise: no vote unless you are a tax PAYER.  I do not think I have a right to vote as a shareholder in companies I own no stock in, the USA should be similar.  Taxes are your stock in the corporation you now have the right to have a voice in.  As a CUSTOMER of this company called the USA who does not contribute, just WHY THE HELL DO YOU THNK YOU HAVE ANY RIGHT AT ALL TO VOTE????

IT MAKES ME SO DAMNED MAD TO THINK OF THE THRONGS OF WELFARE-CONSUMING IDIOTS WHO ACTUALLY VOTE!!!!  WHY DO WE LET THEM????   ARRRGGHHHH!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think only white male land owners should be allowed to vote.

Fixed it.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#12]
No we are not better off, but not because we allowed blacks to vote. Many people with devious intent have used the freedom of the Voting Rights Act (and many other freedoms under our system of government) to change the United States into a different nation. Who was the communist that said "when we hang the last capitalist it will be with the rope that he gave us"? The Voting Rights Act was a big length of rope.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
While I do not necessarily agree with that exactly, I certainly *do* with the premise: no vote unless you are a tax PAYER.

Exactly my point.  I should have highlighted the word, "pay" in my post.  It is not enough to file.  And to get a true sense of the bite Uncle Sugar takes out of your ass, no withholding.  You need to write a check every quarter.  If you make too little* and not taxed or sucking the welfare teet, no vote for you.

*Exceptions for active duty military.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Anybody over 18 should not be allowed to vote.
We need eligibility reform bigtime.

Do you really want to see Barney as president  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think only white male land owners should be allowed to vote.

Fixed it.  

Thank you. I apologize for the terrible mistake.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Liberals shouldnt be allowed to vote, thats the problem.  If you have no idea how the world works, you need not concern yourself with the day to day business of running it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#17]
What we lack is leadership. And I don't just mean in the national government but we also lack such memorable commanders as we had in previous wars. It's also the problem in many facets of American society. All we have are a bunch of faceless lawsuit-happy orginaztions that just push whacky agendas. We need leaders that push for what is right, and in all aspects of this nation.

We have two parties: one that is spineless and one that seeks the ruin of this nation. Though President Bush has done some good he completely ignores other vital issues and also seems to join in with the rest of his party and not take a strong stand for what is right. Whenever I go into a voting booth I feel that neither candidate actually deserves the position but one is simply slightly better than the other, lesser of the evils.

Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What we lack is leadership. And I don't just mean in the national government but we also lack such memorable commanders as we had in previous wars. It's also the problem in many facets of American society. All we have are a bunch of faceless lawsuit-happy orginaztions that just push whacky agendas. We need leaders that push for what is right, and in all aspects of this nation.

We have two parties: one that is spineless and one that seeks the ruin of this nation. Though President Bush has done some good he completely ignores other vital issues and also seems to join in with the rest of his party and not take a strong stand for what is right. Whenever I go into a voting booth I feel that neither candidate actually deserves the position but one is simply slightly better than the other, lesser of the evils.

Am I wrong?

No, you are *quite* RIGHT.  They both disgust me, I vote man by man, issue by issue, no straight ticket here, yet I always feel as if  am choosing between dumb and dumber.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top