Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 10:39:33 AM EDT
Jesus christ!  I'm so sick of people prefixing their question with "Attn: Hive Mind".....

Or "Need help from the hive mind"......

Hey, 'tards, just ask the god damn question.....

Here's a newsflash, your question shows up for everyone, we'll answer it, give advice, or make fun of you WITHOUT the gay ass prefix "hive mind".

I'm not sure I've seen anything else that irks me more......

I KNOW I'm not alone.

Can we make "Hive Mind" go the way of MarPie?  Or PooperTonk?

For the children?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Hive mind says "wrong answer"

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#2]
No, I think your question is.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#3]
But this place is a hive mind.  Saying it is kinda weird though.

I will actively work to eliminate "Hive Mind" if you work to eliminate "SIGH"
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No, I think your question is.

Of course it is, it includes the words "hive mind".

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#5]
yes, its pretty fucking gay and retarded
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm indifferent. I question the person who goes so far out of their way to poll such a question.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Hive mind is how we ask in soviet union, tovarich

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Its fucking retarded is what it is.

Conjures up images of:

Communism
Clintonesque "focus-group" thinking
Hippie communes
dumb Sci-fi story lines

I have my own opinions, and so does everyone else around here.  If this were a "hive"  we'd all have the SAME mindless answers.  I loath the concept and the term with a passion, and other than this particular thread, I refuse to click on any that have it in the title.  I have serious doubts about the mental capacity of anyone that uses the term.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Conjures up images of:

Communism
Hippie communes
dumb Sci-fi story lines

I have my own opinions, and so does everyone else around here.  If this were a "hive"  we'd all have the SAME mindless answers.  I loath the concept and the term with a passion, and other than this particular thread, I refuse to click on any that have it in the title.  I have serious doubts about the mental capacity of anyone that uses the term.

Thank you for solidifying my thought!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I ignore all posts with that term in the title.

There are a lot of people who cannot make up their minds. They seem to lack the analytical skills necessary to make buying decisions.

Perhaps those who can't make up their mind just don't have enough brain cells to do so.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

liar
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There are a lot of people who cannot make up their minds. They seem to lack the analytical skills necessary to make buying decisions.

Perhaps those who can't make up their mind just don't have enough brain cells to do so.

It's completely legitmate to request help.

There is NO need to say "hive mind" when asking the question.

It's fucking stupid!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Conjures up images of:

Communism
Hippie communes
dumb Sci-fi story lines

Once again, Lumpy, my long-lost son, answers for me.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

"ATTN HIVE-MIND: what toilet paper should I use to wipe my ass?"

"What says the hive?  Should I have a retirement fund?"

"Hive-mind please decide: actual wiper-fluid or just water to clean my truck windows?"
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Jesus christ!  I'm so sick of people prefixing their question with "Attn: Hive Mind".....

Or "Need help from the hive mind"......

Hey, 'tards, just ask the god damn question.....

Here's a newsflash, your question shows up for everyone, we'll answer it, give advice, or make fun of you WITHOUT the gay ass prefix "hive mind".

I'm not sure I've seen anything else that irks me more......

I KNOW I'm not alone.

Can we make "Hive Mind" go the way of MarPie?  Or PooperTonk?

For the children?

Gay?  As in...happy?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's completely legitmate to request help.

There is NO need to say "hive mind" when asking the question.

It's fucking stupid!

I agree but too many people don't take the time to determine what their needs are (real or imagined) then determine the pros and cons of a various piece of gear.

I went through a situation like this when I was considering switching from an HK94 to a 9mm AR. I thought about it for about a year. I didn't post about it until I had clearly defined what the pros and cons (according to me) were for each one.

Case in point - if I NEVER see another "Aimpoint vs. EO Tech" thread for the rest of life, it would still be too long.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#17]
It's about as lame as saying "I have a off topic question..." while in GD. It's GENERAL DISCUCSSION dork-------------nothing is off topic.

And yes "Hive Mind" is so gay it's airtight...!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#18]
how many minds it take to constitute a hive?

if a certain number of individuals come together and form a hive and them a large portion die or leave, has the hive now lost its mind, is it now hive challenged?

are hive minds male, female or vegetable?

can a vegetable join a hive mind.

can my vegetable get along withouth me?

is a peanut a vegetable..

sheese.. i've lost my hive.... perhaps i can go on disability and collect a pension.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Who cares?  Hive mind, group, club, fraternity, whatever you want to call the collected knowledge wisdom and experience of all of the people who frequent Arfcom.

If you don't want to call it anything, that's fine too.  Who cares?  More importantly, why?

Jim
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Who cares?  Hive mind, group, club, fraternity, whatever you want to call the collected knowledge wisdom and experience of all of the people who frequent Arfcom.

If you don't want to call it anything, that's fine too.  Who cares?  More importantly, why?

Jim

Do what you want.  If that means starting out your threads with a universally gay identifier, like "Attn: Hive Mind", knock yourself out.

Just know that if you do, will appear to be a fudge packing douchebag, even though no one will call you on it directly.

That would be a CoC violation.

Which is what I wish they would do with "hive mind".

I am not a drone, nor a "queen".  If you are either of those, then use it to your liking.

When I ask a group of my friends for advice I don't say. "Hey GROUP OF FRIENDS, what do you think about...?"

When at work I don't address an email to everyone in the department and then say, "Hey DEPARTMENT CO-WORKERS, what should we do with...?"

You are addressing the group when you type out a message, there is no need to specify that you wish the group to read it.  It's redundant and it has meanings beyond what it appears.

Again, I am neither a drone, not a "queen" therefore I am not a part of a figurative "hive".

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#21]
hive mind .... eh, who cares.

What I'm concerned about is that 10.87% of the people interested, are gay.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I kind of like it. I think it is an honor directed at the site's denizens that people want to ask the posters here a question.

And it always reminds me of Umbrella Corp.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Jim

Far be it from me to stop people from sounding ignorant.  Thats too monumental of a task as it is.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Uh oh.....I think I used the HM term in the first sentence of the question I just posted.......
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#25]
People should just try to catch your attention with what they are trying to ask.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Poll was screwed up.....not enough answers.

And yes this thread is ghey as it refers to itself.  Or something like that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes, it is dumb. GAY   <-------edit because that wasn't an option.

But so what???

It has somehow become part of the "language" of ARFCOM.

It used to shock me when people made posts asking questions about topics I take for granted. (like driving a stick shift)
I now realize that there is such a wide spread of life experiences that some people are never exposed to, that I just accept it and go on down the road.

Just because you relate it to being a "drone" or a "queen" doesn't mean everyone does.
I don't think anyone who poses the question thinks that.

I think it is more like the finger telling the brain the pot is hot.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Conjures up images of:
dumb Sci-fi story lines....

But, wait, didn't they have a story line about 'assimilation' in Star---  wait, never mind. Dumb AND gay
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#29]
all you people that are flustered about this need a nap cause you are just cranky it's sunday - and you are mad you gotta go to work tommorrow.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#30]
It's almost like saying "I have no original thoughts myself, and please, no differing points of view, 'mmmkay?"
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#31]
You left  'No, and you're an overcompensating homophobic homo for even asking the question that way' off the Poll.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I asked this question (sort of, it was more of a statement) last week and all i got was a juvenile attack on my screen name.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=371378

Welcome to the club.

Yes, it is "teh ghey" and stupid.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Its the new click phrase, and click phrases are very gay.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Yes, it is dumb. GAY   <-------edit because that wasn't an option.

But so what???

So it's dumb, and you are OK with people sounding stupid?  Or you sounding stupid?

It has somehow become part of the "language" of ARFCOM.

So has "stick it in her pooper and post pics", they are both ridiculous.

It used to shock me when people made posts asking questions about topics I take for granted. (like driving a stick shift)
I now realize that there is such a wide spread of life experiences that some people are never exposed to, that I just accept it and go on down the road.

OK, but does one need to preface their question about driving a manual transmission with "Attn:  Hive Mind...how do you drive a 5sp transmission?"

Why not just ask the fucking question and be done with it?  Are you getting paid by the word?  Do you want to fit in and you think "hive mind" is some endearing term?

Just because you relate it to being a "drone" or a "queen" doesn't mean everyone does.
I don't think anyone who poses the question thinks that.

Of course they don't, for if they had a thought in their miniscule brain they would know that posting a question, sans "hive mind" in the topic header, addresses the same audience.  It also eliminates idiotic terminology.

I think it is more like the finger telling the brain the pot is hot.

I think it is butt ass stupid.  If you want to sound butt ass stupid, use it to your heart's content.  If you have a genuine question, ask it in an intelligent manner.  Which, of course, excludes the use of "hive mind" in direct reference to the group being requested to answer.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

You didn't ignore this one though?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Just did a search on "hive", got three pages for the last three months, the term 'hive mind', makes me sick.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Are you getting paid by the word?

Do you want to fit in and you think "hive mind" is some endearing term?

This is probably the root of the issue.

I think it is more stupid to say for my 1000th post I present......
But I don't start a thread saying "Is this the gayest way to be an attention whore?"

I also think it is stupid to reply to someone by snipping each sentence and replying line by line.....because sentences can be taken out of context.

Even though I just did it.

With all due respect you don't get it. Starting a thread about something like this, is just as bad as what you are complaining about.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I hate the term, "hive mind"...it doesn't get any gayer than that!  

Let's lose it!  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#39]
SHIVAN,
the number of times you have typed that "gayest" of terms is the number more you have posted it than me.

You should think about that for a while.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Attn Hive Mind:

What the hell is a pooper tonk?

That is all.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Heh...you used the words "Hive Mind" in your question too.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#43]
So if we are the Hive Mind does that make the Site Staff the Politburo?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
So if we are the Hive Mind does that make the Site Staff the Politburo?

K.G.B.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#45]
You only say that because you dont knowanythign useful
jk....
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#46]
it drives me crazy too.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Please make it stop!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Attn Hive Mind:

What the hell is a pooper tonk?

That is all.

Das is verboten zu sagen.

2 separate items, btw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top