Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 10:10:58 AM EDT
Has anyone ever dealt with their customer service? I purchased a set of NIB TPS rings from a fellow ARFCOMER and they are to short. They look brand new without a single mark on them so I called TPS to see if I could exchange them and I was flat denied.

I know that I am not the original purchaser but couldn't they work with a guy? I was told to buy a set of high rings from Brownells?

They are starting to get that Colt attitude. "We have a gooberment contract so you civilians no longer matter to us"

Oh well I just had to vent is all.

Thank you, Phessor
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#1]
problems with TPS?

you must have forgotten the cover sheet, did you get the memo?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
problems with TPS?

Am I always the last one to know something?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#3]
you must be the last to know, I'll get you a copy of the memo

you are filing a report on TPS, also known as a TPS Report, on a TPS Report you must have the proper cover sheet.  you failed to do this, therefore you are having problems.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah. It's just that we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports *before* they go out now. So if you could just remember to do that from now on, that'd be great.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
problems with TPS?

Hey, you forgot the cover sheet for you TPS report.  Did you get the memo for it?  I will send you a new copy of the memo.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#7]
You can't attach a TPS Cover Sheet to a TPS Report, or even a memo, without the proper stapler!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Why the hell should they allow you to exchange their products at your whim? What other company would let you do so?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Phessor,  sorry but I think your thread is in terminal hijack mode.  Who the heck is TPS, anyway?

Put them up in EE...it worked for the seller, right?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Umm...Hi Phessor, how's it going?  I wanted to let you know, we're using a new cover sheet for the TPS reports.  Did you get the memo on that?  I'll have another copy sent to you.

ETA:  That's six so far.   We need two more.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Phessor,  sorry but I think your thread is in terminal hijack mode.  Who the heck is TPS, anyway?

Put them up in EE...it worked for the seller, right?

I did!

Tactical Precision Systems, Inc.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
ETA:  That's six so far.   We need two more.  

Eight, Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Why the hell should they allow you to exchange their products at your whim? What other company would let you do so?

Why heck yes I think they should. Or at least offer to let me meet them part way. I would have been willing to pay a little extra to get the rings I need.
Phessor
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why heck yes I think they should. Or at least offer to let me meet them part way. I would have been willing to pay a little extra to get the rings I need.
Phessor

Well, you are setting yourself up for a lifetime of disappointment if you expect a company to haggle for and/or swap it's used products.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Phessor

Well, you are setting yourself up for a lifetime of disappointment if you expect a company to haggle for and/or swap it's used products.

Oh well, I can always take my business else where can I not? And they are not used, they are still in the box. I just took them out and found out they where to short.
It was worth a shot.
Phessor
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Did you talk to Phil at TPS?  If not he might be able to help.  Email is [email protected].  He might be able to work something out with you.  

Bill3508
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Did you talk to Phil at TPS?  If not he might be able to help.  Email is [email protected].  He might be able to work something out with you.  

Bill3508

My reply from Phil on the TPS forum. Seeing how I did not purchase them directly from TPS I will not recieve an exchange.

TPS_Phil

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject:    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a company policy, TPS will gladly within 30 days of the original purchaser, refund or exchange any product purchased directly from TPS. The product must be returned in "New Condition", meaning never installed by customer. The customer must first call our sales department and obtain a RA# (Return Authorization Number) prior to shipping the product back.

That is fine, they are in the business to make money not exchange products. As a consumer I can choose to purchase more of thier products or I can choose not to.
Phessor

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Phessor,

Sorry about that.  I thought it was a shot though.  Try talking with the guys over at Snipers Hide, you might find one there that would do a swap with you.

Bill3508
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top